Page Builder freezes on append template

Hi,
From a site (let’s call it site a) I exported the templates and imported them into another site (site B)
After that I tried to append a template to a existing page but the screen froze and nothing happened for 10-15 minutes. After a while I closed the browser.

Now I can’t edit this page on site B anymore with BB. The content of the page and the BB buttons are gone. Only the header is shown. I also tried this in another browser. Same effect.
On the front end this page and the site work okay. I also can edit other pages with BB.
Tried increasing PHP memory, no result.

Can you tell me what to do to solve this.

Hey Edwin,

Sorry to hear about this problem. Does site B have any plugins that site A doesn’t? It’s quite possible that this is caused by a 3rd party plugin. Let’s have you go through the plugin deactivation route, i.e., deactivating all plugins except BB and see if it works. If it does, reactivate each plugin and see if we can find the culprit plugin. Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Hi Ben
Thanks for responding so quickly.

The sites are identical except one plugin. There was one plugin that was used on site B that was diffrent form site A (rename wp-login vs WPS Hide Login). I have removed rename WP-login and installed WPS Hide Login on site B now.

I deactivated all plugins on site B except BB and the problem was still there.

Only diffrence I can think off is that site B is hosted on another server. But is was working fine before and editing other pages also works fine.

Seems to me that the freezing during appending the template and therefore the need to break it off caused the issue.

Hey Edwin,

Thanks for that thorough explanation. Looks like we need temp access to site B to check. Do you mind sending those? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Edwin,

I just logged in to the site and noticed there are lot of pages. Do you mind specifying the page where the problem is happening? Also, if you don’t mind telling me what template that was that you appended before the issue occurred that would be great.

I did try playing around some page on the site but the Page Builder is working fine. Also created a new test page where the Page Builder works fine as well.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Edwin,

Actually, your explanation was thorough enough. I just needed to know a few specifics. :slight_smile:

Anyway, what I did was I reverted to the last revision and the homepage is now editable via the Page Builder. It’s quite possible that while the builder was appending the template, it got corrupted which caused it to halt.

Let us know if you need anything further!

Ben

Okay, great thank you. Could have thought of that solution myself ;-(

Now to the reason I got myself in this trouble:

I want to export the content slider of site A (Netherlands-Dutch) to site B (Belgium-Dutch). There is quit a lot of text and logo’s in the slider. To do it manually it would be quit some work.

Is there a way in BB?

Hey Edwin,

For now, what you just did, exporting the template from Site A then importing it to Site B, would be the only way. But if I may suggest, I’d delete all the other content first except the content slider, save it as a template and export it. It only makes a little difference but it may be that difference that caused it to go haywire earlier.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Will do. Thank you for the work and advise.
Have a nice day.

Edwin

Hey Edwin,

No problem! Enjoy The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben