Page builder is non functional

I recently purchased beaver builder and was cruising along nicely. When I go into the page builder the only button that at least opens is the templates. However, you can not select one. You can drag things onto the screen but you can not edit anything just create a mess you can’t delete anything either like I could just 2 days ago. I have tried Firefox, chrome, and safari. I have also tried this on multiple computers. I cleared the cache. I have disabled plugins. I removed the plugin and uploaded the beta just to see if that changed things. No luck. Could it be the new WordPress update? When you go to my webpage it is as if the plug in never existed only the text. I have disabled and reenabled all plugins. Again everything was working great just a couple of days ago. I waited to post this as I figured it was a problem with the update.

Thank you!

Hey James,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Last time I checked, the latest major update from WP was 4.3 and BB works just fine there. When you say you’ve already disabled plugins, did you mean to say all other plugins except BB? Also, have you tried using a different theme and see if that makes any difference?

Ben

We are having the same issue on two of our sites, since they were upgraded to WordPress 4.3 (and now 4.3.1). The front-end pages look fine, but when you click Page Builder on a page, the editor loads but does not function: cannot edit any modules, adding a module fails, and buttons at the top are non-functional.
We tried reverting one site back to WP 4.2.5 but that didn’t solve the issue.
If needed, I can open a new thread; but it appears we are having the same issue as above. Thanks!

I made a mistake when I posted this earlier. There was one plugin that I did not disable and I found it when I went back through this morning. It was Autoptimize. If you are using that plugin it will cause problems when trying to edit your pages. At least that is my experience I hope that it helps.

Hey Peter,

If you are still having issues, go ahead and try out Ben’s suggestions and see what you come up with. Let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks for chiming in, James!

Best,
Billy

I am also having issues with Autoptimize. It breaks the editing in the back end.

Of course, it helps a lot with page speed, and so I would love it to be working.

Hugh

Hey Hugh,

Yes, there is a known incompatibility with Autooptimize. It lies specifically with the ‘Optimize Javascript Code’ option. Go ahead and turn that option off to see if it helps.

Best,
Billy

Hey Hugh,

I just randomly found this article which you may want to take a look at. Not sure if it works, but worth a shot if you like.

Best,
Billy

That code snippet I believe helps with problems placing images. But when I have Autooptimize enabled I cannot click the “Done” button in Page Builder. So I have to disable Autooptimize when editing pages.

Our developer wrote this code that makes it work for us with Autoptimize plugin:
https://gist.github.com/codebycarter/0da275565be972311036

Otherwise, you can just turn off the JS optimize feature in Autoptimize and you should be able to edit/publish again.

Ben - any chance something like this will be implemented in a future update?

Hey Peter,

Thanks for sharing the filter! I’ll go ahead and have the guys look at this and see if it’s something they’d like to implement. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks for sharing that Thrive! The other filter I had, which was similar, didn’t work. That one works perfectly.

Hey guys,

Just letting you know this one’s already baked in on the latest patch, 1.6.4.5. :slight_smile:
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/change-logs/

Ben

Ben - that is awesome! I will let our dev, Jay, know the good news!