Page builder not working after changing permalink settings from default

Hi BB’ers,

Question regarding permalink settings:

We have built many pages in BB using the default permalink settings. We now want to change the permalink settings to “Post Name” instead of default.

When I first changed the permalink settings I was getting a “500 Internal Server Error.” I sent this to our IT team and they informed me that “the fallback script was set to /index.html which is not provided by wordpress package, changed to /index.php.”

This fixed the “500” error, but now when I change the permalink settings to “Post Name” I can no longer access the page builder. I can see the content that was built, but clicking the page builder button has no effect.

Same problem in IE 11.0.21 and Chrome 46.0.2490.71 m

I can create a login for you to access the site, just let me know what email address to use.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks Eric! You can actually just setup a dummy test account with admin access and provide those details as a private reply option here.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Thanks Eric, we’ll take a look!

Best,
Billy

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the trouble. I am helping Billy look into this one for ya.

I think we might need FTP access if that’s possible? I want to peek at your .htaccess file and a few other things.

Also, you mentioned, “When I first changed the permalink settings I was getting a “500 Internal Server Error.” I sent this to our IT team and they informed me that “the fallback script was set to /index.html which is not provided by wordpress package, changed to /index.php.””

Do you have any more details on this? Particularly, what fallback script? I am not sure exactly why, but I have a feeling whatever caused the original 500 error is also interfering with Beaver Builder.

Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

Eric,

Ah, it’s nginx? That’s good to know. I hate to say it, but we’re all collectively a lot more familiar with Apache. I am not sure what to suggest here. The issue has to be related to the server configuration as there are no other plugins that could be causing a conflict.

Can you get any other insight from you IT team? Are they aware of the issue with the page builder? Also, is there any server-level caching going on?

Hey Eric,

I just went in to the site and the page builder seems to be working fine for me but I think it’s because you’ve changed the permalink setting to default. Can you check out the thread below and see if that will do the trick? From the sound of it you’re having the same problem.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/templates-pop-up-not-showing-on-clean-install-with-bb-plugin-and-theme/page/2/#post-18428

Ben

Hi Ben,

Our IT team was able to get it working on our nginx server by changing try_files to /index.php?$args

Thanks to the entire BB team for all the help.

Much appreciated.

Eric

Awesome! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

Eric, awesome! Really glad to hear the issue is resolved. :slight_smile: