Page Builder Won't Load

Hello,
I use Beaver Plugin to develop a site. Then when I tried to edit the pages (after a few month), the page builder won’t load (even when I click the toolbar button or via page edit tab). The page only reload but the builder was not showed up.

FYI, I tried to disabled all plugin, try it in Firefox and Chrome, but still the problem is there. I use Genesis theme with Beaver Plugin.

Site URL: http://www.frescosmoothie.com/

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear about the issues! Can you tell what version of the plugin you have currently? This can be found in your plugins dashboard. It is possible you need an update of the plugin, but this also sounds like a plugin conflict due to the nature of the issue. Just to confirm, can I have you disable all plugins again and try BB? If it still is not working, please send along temp admin access and I can take a look, but please let me know on the above questions beforehand.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Kevin,

Thanks. There is an intermittent error popping up that doesn’t appear to be related to the plugins installed, however, you have a drop-in plugin called ‘Advanced Caching plugin’. Do you have the ability to disable that and give BB a shot? If not, please send along FTP access and we’ll take a deeper dive. I have a feeling that is preventing BB from loading on your pages.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Interesting Kevin, thanks! Can you provide us FTP access by chance?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Kevin! Sometimes disabling and removing a plugin won’t clear it’s data. I am wondering if Rocket Cache is maybe leaving behind something (.htaccess rules perhaps) that is preventing BB from loading.

Just to confirm, you have tried deactivating all the plugins on the site?

I tried to SFTP in to the site, but I can’t access the directory. I am getting a permissions error when I try to access the /srv/users/ directory. Can you look into that for me. I would like to poke around a bit and see if I can figure it out…

[Content Hidden]

Kevin, okay good to know. This reminds me of a similar issue we had on nginx, you can see the configuration changes that fixed it here:

http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/i-click-page-builder-but-it-does-not-show-up/page/2/#post-6542

You’ll have to forgive us, we’re not experts with nginx, but there is likely a configuration or caching issue at the server level that is causing the problem. Who do you host your website with? It might not be a bad idea to contact them for advice.

[Content Hidden]

Hmm, sure enough. Okay, sorry for all the hoops to jump through here. Do you by chance have an extra WP Rocket license available? If so, can you temporarily install WP Rocket on the new testing site. I still have a feeling that this is a caching issue. If we can try to recreate the site that’s having the problem in the test environment, that would be super helpful.

[Content Hidden]

Perfect! No we don’t need another test site. We will do some experimenting and follow up. Thanks, Kevin!

Hey Kevin,

I did some testing and it looks like the live and test sites are both configured a bit differently on Nginx. Do you know if that might be true? For example, it looks like the live site is using mod_pagespeed.

Regardless, on the live site, it looks like the URL variables aren’t being picked up in PHP. I went to this URL, which should launch the builder, but am not seeing “fl_builder” in $_REQUEST…

http://www.frescosmoothie.com/bb-test-page/?fl_builder

Instead, these are the variables in $_REQUEST…

Array
(
    [wordpress_test_cookie] => WP Cookie check
    [wordpress_logged_in_90cdf186867d7a2572aee35f63129eed] => Billy|1426706410|L9r9lQFtHW5ivCU5iijQRxQZDblIOU0llBHI0JYCW3E|0752568226c60d7c572b3855f013f6910f1255cdfae1ccd5918d6fd105b0f81d
    [wp-settings-time-2] => 1426534840
    [_gat] => 1
    [_ga] => GA1.2.1545087938.1426533586
)

We had a customer that ran into a similar issue with his vHost config and WordPress’ pretty permalinks. Do you think that might be the issue?

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/does-this-work-on-nginx

Let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Kevin,

Sounds good and you’re welcome!

Justin