So yesterday I was working on a new page using a premade theme from astras’ premium starter themes plugin…
I was getting a good ways into editing the page, and then the modules started having issues saving. So I reloaded the page. Upon reload I started experiencing 524 timeouts from cloudflare. Upon further investigation of my server resources, I noticed that the database was over 100% usage. I monitored the resource usage for awhile and the usage never dropped.
I contacted my hosting support, who checked it and told me a query was stuck. They killed the process, and optimized the DB, and the issue seemed to have stopped.
I went into the site, disabled some plugins, and went back to try to edit the page. Same thing occured again. 524 errors, and database overloaded from a query. They again killed the process for me.
I deleted the page I was editing and tried to create a new one from scratch, I got a good ways into editing the page, and it again started experiencing 524 errors. Checked the resource usage, and sure enough, the database usage was over 100%.
I installed query monitor to see if I could figure out which query it was specifically, but I don’t really understand what I’m looking at, so that’s doing me no good.
The issue only seems to start happening though while editing pages with BeaverBuilder.
Also, for some reason, I tried to submit a support ticket to BB for this, and received no confirmation email, and there’s no ticket showing in my ticket list. So I’m posting on here.