Page errors and not loading the edit buttons

Hi, Sorry for using the wrong channel.

I am having a problem with the editor.

All was working well until I added a widget (from a non beaver builder theme) and since then I can only see the site layout when editing the page with bb. I cannot actually edit the page the links are missing. See screens:

SO I just had a great thought…rename the widget in the theme folder to test if it was the problem…and YES, it was. grrr pesky widget!

So all is well in the land of bb again.

My only question what would you suggest to enable the widget on through bb.

The theme is renovation (on themeforrest)
the widget I was trying to add is for the portfolio post type.

I can think of how this would conflict with the builder, any suggestions.

Thanks, Vincent

Hey Vincent,

Thanks and glad you figured it out! While it is a 3rd party widget/theme, we would still like to take a look if possible as this could be something we experience more in the future. Would you mind using private reply and providing us temp login/password details to your site?

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

sorry for the delay in my reply but I was developing on a local machine. I have now pushed the site to a live server for testing. Just to make you aware, the client will be looking at the site (front only) probably tomorrow.

I have created you an admin account.
user: billyyoung
email: [email protected]

It is a mu site. The problem occurs when including either the ‘home:portfolio posts’, ‘home: testimonial posts’ or any other of the themes widgets that have the wp loop in them (for cpt or otherwise). There are two widget areas “Home page widgets” and Home: Widgets on all pages". Including a widget with the wp loop works fine fromt he front end but it disables the bb. It cannot load to edit the page until the widget is removed.

I have also tried to include the widgets via the bb widget add content option. This allows for me to insert content but upon save the same error occurs and can only be rectified by renaming the widget in the theme to prevent it from loading. Currently I have set the testimonials posts widget to be included inside the home page widgets area so currently the builder is broken.

Let me know if you have any other questions, otherwise thanks for taking a look.

Sincerely, VIncent

Hey Vincent,

I didn’t see a password, can you send that along? Just as a heads-up, the above post wasn’t a private reply so please do so when replying this time if possible.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Thanks Vincent, we’ll take a look!

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Account upgraded.

Thanks Vincent, we’ve created a bug ticket and will get back to you as soon as we can!

Best,
Billy

Hi Vincent,

This has been fixed on your site and will be included in the next update. It looks like those widgets are modifying the main query and not reseting it afterwards using wp_reset_query.

I’ve tweaked the builder’s code to prevent widgets from doing this.

Let me know if you run into anything else.

Justin