Page module breaks shortcode

We’re building a homepage which contains both the page module and some shortcode for a pricing table. Whenever the page module displays posts, all of the shortcode on the page breaks and is just rendered as text. Oddly, when the module cannot find any posts, everything renders normally. I’ve tested this with the shortcode in multiple modules and with multiple bits of shortcode and ruled problems with them out, so it seems that there’s something particular about how the page module loads pages that breaks the shortcode. Any ideas?

Hi Johan, thanks for letting us know about this. We’ll play around and see if we can recreate the issue here. I’ll let you know what we come up with!

Hi

Just wanted to check on the status, have you been able to recreate it on your end? We made sure to test it with different themes and plugins deactivated should you should be able to.

Thanks

/Johan

Hi Johan! Yes, I was able to recreate this issue. It seems like it’s happening with any shortcode. It’s on our high-priority list now, we’ll do our best to push out an update ASAP.

Hi Robby

Thanks for the update.

Do you have any idea when that could be, this week, next week or later?

Thanks

Johan

We’re working on the revision update right now. We won’t be able to push out a fix, at least, until we release that. Timeline is still a big vague. I doubt it will be much more than a week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Johan,

Good news! This issue has been fixed and will be released with 1.2.8 next week.

The issue with the posts module was a weird one that was caused by use calling the_excerpt. The fix was to call do_shortcode within our content rendering function.

I also found another issue that actually wasn’t with the posts module but with shortcodes like the pricing table plugin that enqueue scripts/styles within a shortcode function. There isn’t anything wrong with doing that, but doing so means our AJAX rendering function wasn’t picking them up as it’s only rendering the html content. The pricing table plugin relies on a third party jQuery script to function, so it was throwing an error when updating. I added some additional logic that checks for scripts/styles enqueued by shortcodes and prints them to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi

There still seems to be an issue with the posts module and the pricing table shortcode (https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-pricing-tables/), when I use both of them on the same page I can only make one change to anything (eg a setting or adding a module) and then I can’t change anything else but have to publish the changes and then go back in and edit one thing again.

Appreciate your help and let me know if you can replicate this issue.

Thanks

Johan

Hi

I also get the same issue on a page which don’t have the posts module but rather a formidable widget and no other special module/shortcode. Maybe they are unrelated but the symptoms are the same.

/Johan

Hi Johan,

This appears to be working fine for me. Have you tried updating to 1.2.9?

Thanks,
Justin

Hi

We have already updated to 1.2.9, maybe something in the theme or a plugin which is interfering. I will try to troubleshoot later.

Thanks

Johan

Thanks, Johan. Let me know what you find.

Justin

Hi

This was actually resolved by the bug fix in the latest release:

Reworked the fix for shortcodes that load jquery since it's already loaded when the builder is active.

So thank you for that

/Johan

Hi Johan,

You’re welcome!

Justin