Page Scroller Row Linking

Hi there,

I am really excited about all the changes with BB. Well done to the BB team :slight_smile:

As per this demo-site, I have tested the new scrolling-effect with menu-linking.

Just 2 questions:

1. Can you determine vertical break-points. At the moment I have added a 50px border colour to the bottom of row 1 (same colour as row 2) to ensure that when you scroll down, row 1 does not show at all

2. How can you get the fixed-header to show on smaller screen sizes?

Many thanks,

Grant :slight_smile:

Hey Grant,

That’s good to hear! :slight_smile:

1. Actually, what you are doing to adjust the offset is correct. That's just the way our smooth scrolling works.
  2. This can't be done unfortunately. You should have a different mobile menu though and it should work just as fine.

Ben

Thank you very much for the quick response & clarity Ben! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Yes, I notice that the menu changes, however when you scroll down it does not stay fixed at the top of the screen…

Hey Grant,

Gotcha! So you wanted a fixed menu whatever device your site is being viewed on. Unfortunately, our theme can’t do that. I believe there is a plugin out there that handles that though. A quick Google led me to this. You might want to check it out.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/sticky-header/

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the info, however this plugin messes with the dashboard navigation items such as WooCommerce. Maybe I need to rephrase my second question:

How can you show the collapsed menu on smaller devices?

Many thanks,

Grant

Hi Ben,

I am referring to the .fl-page-header-fixed element which only works on screen sizes from 992px and bigger. How can you get this to work on screens less than 992px?

Hey Grant,

Sorry but to do that, you’ll have to modify the theme files as it can’t be done via child theme. We don’t really recommend doing this since any changes to it are lost once you update.

Ben

Hey Ben,

Thank you very much for coming back to me & for the quick reply :slight_smile: I have decided to hide the menu-bar on smaller screen sizes less than 992px, and which normally are mobile devices which are all touch screens.

Here is another demo-site we have created: http://simplicity.starfishmedia.co.za

You are welcome to share it with any member that may have similar requests. None the less, I am very impressed with the new scroller-effect and am very impressed with the new custom-menu module and new posts modules

You guys are awesome :slight_smile:

Hey Grant,

No worries! And thanks for sharing! Have fun with The Beaver :slight_smile:

Ben