Parallax not working in Chrome

Beaver’s Parallax feature not working in Chrome. The Parallax image displays as a static image. I tried it several WordPress installs and websites and the parallax never works in chrome.

Hi DJ,

Weird, sorry to hear! I did some testing and all appears to be fine in Chrome on our end. What version of Chrome are you using? Have you tried the disabling all plugins route as well just to see if there is a plugin conflict with BB by chance?

Best,
Billy

I’m experiencing the same issue, using:
Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m
WP: Version 4.3

no other plugins installed only the page builder.

Hey Liewilyn,

Are you experiencing this on a desktop or mobile device?

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

I just checked,

Not working on:
Chrome Desktop(Windows)
Chrome Mobile(android)
Firefox Mobile(android)

Working on:
Firefox (windows)
Chrome (iOS 10 Mcbook pro)

Regards,
Liewilyn

[Content Hidden]

Hi Liewilyn,

Parallax won’t work on mobile, but rather default to the static image that you are using, but the others are a bit weird. Let me do some testing there to see what I can find.

Best,
Billy

Hey Liewilyn,

Just did some testing here on your site and all is working as it should aside from mobile as I mentioned earlier. Just to confirm, I’m looking at the main masthead image, correct?

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

Yes I am referring on the hero background on the top most part of the site. I’m not yet sure what is causing this on my end will try to investigate more. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Lyn

[Content Hidden]

Ah, it doesn’t work on touch devices as we just tested on a touch enabled laptop. I think that is the issue here which we are actually aware of and working towards a fix. Have a look at this thread for more info there. Sorry about that, we’re on it though!

Best,
Billy

There you go! it makes clear now, will just wait for the update! for the mean time will just insert a css fix :smiley:

Thanks!

Excellent, thanks!

Any update on this topic? I’m experiencing the same thing in Chrome and have noticed it for quite some time. I’m trying to replicate another design that a client likes, but Parallax is a big selling point.

Liewylyn,
What CSS fix were you able to implement to get this to work?

Hi Pablo,

There is an added class on the body “fl-builder-touch” in touch enabled laptop/devices that you can use to target the specific “div.fl-row-content-wrap” to apply the background-attachment: fixed;

I tried to look on my dev site If I applied that fix but can’t see it on the codes, I updated the BB plugin and it seems to work fine now on chrome, might check that first.

Regards,
Lyn

Thank you very much, Lyn. For some reason it doesn’t work for me. I just updated Chrome from 46.0.2490.71 to 46.0.2490.80 on Windows 10 to see if that did the trick or not. I have the most up to date version of the BB plugin installed, but it just doesn’t seem to work for me. The parallax effect can be seen on my dev site on the top header here:

http://controlpanelaccess.com/~concierge

It works just fine in Edge and Firefox, but not for Chrome. Oddly, the site from which I’m copying the design has parallax functioning in Chrome, so it seems to be only the BB plugin at the moment. It’s still under development, but since parallax is so important, I may have to place the code that you suggested for the CSS. I’m not sure what the issue could be.

Thank you again!

I just check your dev site, Parallax effect is working on my end, on all browsers I’m using a touch enabled laptop Windows 8 Chrome version 46.0.2490.71.

I don’t know now what really is the culprit why on some devices it works and on some not.

I think the most essential way to fix this on your end is to apply some css for now, let’s just wait for the update of the BB devs.

Regards,
Lyn

[Content Hidden]

Hey Pablo,

I just checked your site and it works fine as well on Chrome - Win 7 and Win 10. Do you have any addons installed on your Chrome? I haven’t really encountered any that stops the Parallax from working but that’s about the only thing I could think of that’s different from your Chrome.

Ben

Hi Ben,
When I updated Chrome, then restarted my machine, it is now working just fine. Thank you for the follow up! As always, you guys give top notch support.