Photo module photos overlay secondary navigation

Went through all the documentation and BB plugin forum posts but still don’t have a clue on how to fix one, last, nagging problem before a site launch.

I’m using the Genesis Framework and a modified Minimum Pro theme. Plugin works FANTASTICALLY and has saved boatloads of time over our past builds: No longer have to go about registering widget areas and building lots of CSS!

SITUATION: The header, primary nav and secondary nav are all " position:fixed;" to be locked in to place since the client has many subpages and layouts which make this the preferred method of UX for the site.

PROBLEM: The Photo module images overlay the purple “secondary nav”. I’ve tried just about every solution I can think of or discover, but can’t figure it out. Everything else works perfectly…it’s just the photo module that creates an overlay problem.

Hi Steve,

Are you able to share the URL? Would make it a lot easier to troubleshoot :slight_smile:

Sounds as though it may be a padding/margin issue on the photo module/and or the row it is in.

I can’t since it’s in maintenance mode and the client is very closed.

I’ll investigate padding and margin and will report back.

Nope. Didn’t fix the issue.

I’ve had experiences with BB that, if I use negative margins (e.g., “-15”), BB elements might look OK in one browser, but don’t parse correctly within others. In this case I have no negative margins in any BB elements on the page and the photos still overlap.

I have until Friday’s launch to get this fixed (he says, hopeful for help!). :wink:

Hey Steve,

Bummer! Would you mind sending temp admin access via private reply so we can login and take a look?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Steve,

Need the URL too when you get a chance. :slight_smile:

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Steve,

Looks like you just need to apply z-index to that secondary menu. Are you good with that or do you need a bit more assistance on that?

Best,
Billy

I’d sure appreciate it if you have at least a starting point for me on it.

Billy, it really means a lot that you helped. Thank you.

No worries, Steve. This should do the trick!

.nav-secondary {
z-index: 999;
}

Let me know if that works for you!

Best,
Billy

THANK YOU! Worked like a charm.

Great to hear, Steve, enjoy!