Plugin install fails

Hello,

Every time I attempt to upload my zip files into wordpress I get this message:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home4/mydesser/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/

Plugin install failed.

Return to Plugins page

I’ve tried many times now to install all of the zip files, but only two of the BB plugins upload for me. I’m a very inexperienced user, can you help me please?

Hey Wendy,

Would you mind sending me temp admin access to your site so I can take a look? You can use the private reply option below so your credentials stay hidden.

Best,
Billy

Yes, I’d be happy to. What should I enter for your access?

Hey Wendy,

You can just create a new user for me, name it whatever you like as you can delete it when were done checking out the issue.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

No worries, Wendy. I marked the above as private so your login info doesn’t get out. You’ll want to do the same when posting info like that. The checkbox is below this reply box for reference.

Anyway, one more order of business - can you send me the site URL? :slight_smile:

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Wendy,

I just logged into your site and you’re good to go with both the theme and plugin installed. They were installed already so it looks like you got them in the first time. Is there anything else I can assist with?

Best,
Billy

I’m confused then. I can’t figure out how to access them from my posts? Where are my controls?

Also, there were about 5 or 6 zips to upload and I only uploaded 2 (the parent and the child BB). I don’t understand. The instructions were not super clear when I purchases BB, it was a page that contained a list of files. No further instructions…so I thought that meant I needed to download and upload each zip folder.

Hi Wendy,

The plugin only comes activated for pages upon initial install. I also toggled posts for you so you should now see a page builder option within your posts for editing.

The theme can be activated from the appearance menu > themes > Beaver Builder theme. It’s theme options can be found in the same appearance menu > customize. This is for the overall look of the site, header and footer.

Yes, the Pro has several files, some mainly for developers to create their own modules. Anyway, you have the two main parts installed now which is the theme and plugin. I think that is all you will need at this point. Just for reference, the child theme that comes with BB is for custom CSS tweaking. If you don’t plan on doing any coding, you can just activate the main Beaver Builder theme and go from there.

Best,
Billy

Wow, thank-you, that was very helpful!

It seems that I over purchased (choosing the pro version). I thought the pro version would have more bells and whistles not that it literally meant it was for professionals to use. Is it possible to get some sort of refund?

And seriously, thank-you so much!

Hey Wendy,

It’s not necessarily a matter of professional use, the big benefit of the Pro is our theme. Did you not need the theme? I would suggest giving it a shot for the overall design of the site as I think you may find it really nice. However, in the event you only need the plugin, shoot me a note directly via themes[a]fastlinemedia[dot]com and we’ll take it from there.

Best,
Billy