Plugin not pulling core templates on subsites, only on main site

I don’t think another plugin is causing the issue, they’re all disabled. Have looked the htcaccess files and wp-config.php? I sent FTP access.

I believe those were the only files modified to activate the multisite mode and subdomains

Yeah, I was peeking at your wp-config file and I noticed this line:

define( ‘SUNRISE’, ‘on’ );

I believe that comes from the WordPress MU Domain Mapping, right? Even though the plugin is deactivated, the sunrise.php file is still being loaded.

Also, having /files/ in the URL path is not default WordPress (99% sure there) so there is still something going on there. I honestly don’t know if there is a code conflict or a configuration problem, but we need to figure out where the /file/ in the URL path is coming from.

Yeah the sunrise code is needed to activate the domain mapping setup regardless of what plugin you use, not necessarily related to WPMUdev.

How about the htcaccess?

I just find it so strange that this other plugin (UWA) fixes the issue! But I’m not even sure I wanna keep that plugin, but I do want BB Builder for the long run for sure.

Please let me know if you think that reinstalling the while thing all over again is the solution, would be our last resource.

Hey Carlos,

I did some testing and it looks like there might be a few issues going on here…

1. You have a wp-content/uploads/blogs.dir folder instead of a wp-content/uploads/sites folder. The blogs.dir folder was used in WordPress pre 3.5. I’m not sure if that’s an issue, but it is something to note.

2. The real issue seems to be coming from your .htaccess file. The current file appears to have standard WordPress rules, not multisite rules. When I copy the rules over from your .htaccess__ backup file, everything appears to work.

Do you know why the .htaccess file might have changed? That seems to be the root of the problem.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

GREAT ! We are making some awesome progress! I changed the htcaccess back to originals and that def got BB Builder to work as expected! now the only concern is the blogs.dir vs sites issue. I was able to find something about it but does not say how to correct that issue but it looks like it’s related to the htcaccess file.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Multisite_Network_Administration (see under Uploaded File Path)

I created new subsites after changing the htcaccess file hoping that with the right htcaccess it would write sites under the sites folder but it looks like to correct that path theres something else missing. I just wanna make sure that these issues are corrected before I go live with any website.

Here’s another link with some info, I tried replacing it with the htcaccess for subdomain setup but it broke the plugin again.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Multisite_Network_Administration

… what do you think?

Hi Carlos,

I believe you should be fine with the blogs.dir folder. I only pointed it out because that is what was used pre WordPress 3.5 and you appeared to have a fresh install. It’s possible that you used an installer of some sort that has an outdated copy of WordPress.

After a little research it looks like the only way to get the sites folder is to do a fresh install of the latest version, but I’m not 100% sure about that. You might try posting in the .org forums to see if someone there knows.

Justin

I was able to get the new sites to be created under uploads/sites/ adding define( ‘UPLOADBLOGSDIR’, ‘wp-content/uploads/sites’ ); on the config file,
but the beaver builder breaks again, now it only works on subsites created under blogs.dir … Im very concerned about this, I could just leave it like it works (using blogs.dir path), my concern is that in the future when I have several live sites, new plugins (or updates of current plugins) look for files under uploads/sites … Im not live with the project yet but I need to make sure that my wordpress foundation is well configured before moving forward. Please advise. Thank you so much! Appreciate your time!

Hi Carlos,

I don’t believe there should be any cause for concern as WordPress should handle both blogs.dir and sites just fine. I’ll get in there and see why it’s not working on the main site. Is the login info you provided still working and is that ok?

Justin

Justin, I reinstalled everything again with wordpress 4.2.2 and I got the same directory by default so I’m just going to leave it like that. should be ok! Beaver is running great!!! Appreciate your help big time! You guys rock! I love this plugin!

Hi Carlos,

I’m glad to hear it’s working great now! Let us know if you run into anything else.

Justin