Possible to override Code Templates on Single Site installations? (Agency Pack)

Hi Beavers,
I have the Agency Pack and wondered if it’s possible to override the core templates on self-hosted client sites. The way I’m thinking of is controlling my client sites via MainWP and using their boilerplate to upload all necessary plugins and themes (including BB-Plugin + BB-Theme). However, would this allow for a transferring of the Templates as well in order to Override them?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
all the best,
Mattis

Hey Mattis,

I have already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your inquiry.

Ben

Hi Mattis,

Yes, you can override core templates in a single site install just as you could on multisite. However, if your users for that single site install have admin access, they would be able to change that if they were aware of where it was in the dashboard. In that case, I would recommend making them editors. You can import/export page templates and for more info on that, check out this. One thing to note with importing templates from a different domain, you may want to do a serialized search and replace on the database to change URLs in imported templates as they retain the site URL from the site they were exported from.

Best,
Billy

Hey Billy,
Thanks for the Answer. Two more questions:

1. How do you make a serialzed search and replace it on the Database to change URLs, can’t i just import/export via WordPress import tools?

2. This does not really allow for a syncronization between the Parent (Template) site and the Client single-Site install, correct? Meaning if I would add new Templates on the other site, I would have to go through the exporting/importing cycle all over again? If so, do you know of a process to synchonize the two, so that all my clients automattically get new templates once I release them?.

Best,
Mattis

Hey Mattis,

Actually, you could also just save our core templates as your own and then disable core templates. I could see that working a bit more seamlessly actually and then you could pick and choose which you wanted. As long as the main parent template site has your user templates, they will seamlessly be available to other sites in the network as you add them.

Best,
Billy

Oops, sorry Mattis, getting confused between your two threads here. Yes, you would need to do the serialized search and replace to replace the URLs. For single site installs, yes, export/import is pretty much the only option.

Best,
Billy