Post Categories

Hey gang! I have a new dev site and the post categories don’t seem to be pulling the category. Instead its just pulling all posts. Have you seen this elsewhere? Am I just being dumb and missing something?

Hey Mike,

Is this with the posts module or with the theme? If the module, are you talking about the category filter in the settings or the actual posts that are coming through once you save the settings?

Thanks,
Justin

it is the posts module. Yes, the category filter. That seems to not be “filtering”. Sorry for not being more clear.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mike,

No worries. It appears to be working on my end so I’m thinking it might be a conflict with another plugin. Could you try disabling any other plugins one-by-one to see if one of them is causing the issue? Let me know which one if so, otherwise, send me some login info and I’ll have a look.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Mike,

Can you shoot me some login info to test?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mike,

I noticed that you have an older version of the builder installed. I believe it’s not updating since we upgraded your account to the developer version but you have the standard version installed. That’s a current limitation of our update system for people that have upgraded. You’ll have to delete the standard version, download the developer and activate that. Don’t worry, deleting the plugin from the plugins page won’t delete your data.

The category filter for the posts module doesn’t appear to be saving, so lets start with a fresh install of the latest builder and go from there.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Mike. I’m checking this out now.

Hey Mike,

I’m a bit stumped on this one. Would it be possible to get FTP access so I can do some code testing?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Mike,

I fixed the category filter bug. There was a conflict going on with custom post types using post categories like your Brand post type is using. I haven’t been able to get to the other issue yet. Should be able to by tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Justin

The other issue has been fixed as well!

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mike,

Can you try clearing your cache? I believe that should do the trick.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

You bet!

Justin