Post Module Questions: Remove Separator & Change Read More to Button

Hey, I am working with the Post module today for a friend’s site. I want to display a single post, and I achieved this by setting “Posts Per Page” to 1, and the “Pagination Style” to none… I am wondering:

1. Is it possible to remove the separator at the bottom of the post?

2. Is there a way for me to turn the “read more” link into a button?

http://www.faithprint.net

Hi Katie,

1. To remove the separator, add the CSS below to your custom CSS.
.fl-post-feed-post {
    border: 0;
}

However, this will affect all post modules you use. Therefore, if you do not want this to happen and you wish to only affect the post modules on that page. I recommend you add a class to each module under the Post module settings > Advanced > Class . If you add a class name rmv-border Then use the CSS below instead, it will only affect the modules that have this class name.

.rmv-border .fl-post-feed-post {
    border: 0;
}
  1. You can not replace it with a button. However, you can style the read more link using CSS and transform it into a button.

Add the following CSS and it will give you a basic button style.

a.fl-post-feed-more {
    background-color: red;
    padding: 8px 22px;
    border-radius: 6px;
}
a.fl-post-feed-more:hover {
    background-color: green;
}

You can set the link color using the Column Settings for each module. The CSS above will again like #1 affect all post modules. If you do not wish for this to happen, like #1, you will want to add a class name. Do the same as I mentioned in #1 but use something like btn-readmore.

Then use the following CSS:

.btn-readmore a.fl-post-feed-more {
    background-color: red;
    padding: 8px 22px;
    border-radius: 6px;
}
.btn-readmore a.fl-post-feed-more:hover {
    background-color: green;
}

Please, be aware that this is basic styling and you may want to adjust it to your liking.

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks a lot, Danny, both those solutions work really well! Is it possible to add something to the CSS that would also center the button? I did not use the class name for this step.

As always, great support from you guys!!

Hey Katie,

Try the CSS snippet below and see if it works. Take note though that I just added a bit to Danny’s code above. :slight_smile:

a.fl-post-feed-more {
  background-color: #58144a;
  padding: 12px 26px;
  border-radius: 2px;
  width: 150px;
  text-align: center;
  position: relative;
  left: 50%;
  margin-left: -75px;
}

Ben

Worked perfect; thanks for the always outstanding support!!

No problem, Katie. Happy to help!

Thanks,
Danny