Posts Module doesn't work (but there are nor js or css conflicts

I’m new to BB, and I’m using it to replace visual composer on a site. Well, I’m trying to but the posts module is not working. I want to show posts and was trying the different layouts, but none of them showing styling – they all look like a basic loop output. I’ll post a link in a private reply.

I’m using the plugin with the headway theme.

[Content Hidden]

Hey John,

Welcome to the BB forums! Would it be possible for you to send us temp admin access to the site so we can check the backend? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey John,

I tried creating a new page BB Test Page and it worked the first time but after playing for a while it broke out. Let’s have you go through the plugin deactivation route, i.e., disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin. Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Thanks, Ben! I did the plugin rodeo and here’s what I found: two issues.

#1. Dependency query strings. I had a headway option “Remove query strings from dependencies” enabled. That’s the conflict that was preventing the published page from rendering at all.

I noticed that it would show up in the Page Builder, but fall apart upon publishing changes, which lead me to believe a “on publish” hook somewhere was stripping. Turns out it was that setting.

#2. The other issue that does not affect the final page, but affects the rendering inside Page Builder is a conflict with WP Rocket. Deactivating WP Rocket permits the Page Builder views to quickly show changes and images. With WP Rocket activated, EVEN THOUGH ALL OPTIONS ARE TURNED OFF FOR THE PAGE, wp rocket prevents Page Builder from rendering the images.

Thanks for taking a look at this. Hope that the query string issue makes sense to you guys.

I’m a little bothered about wprocket affecting Page Builder.

I’m also now on the hunt for a way to make the “feed” layout show as a columns (not masonry)

Hey John,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Not really sure about the WP Rocket issue. I just tried it on my local dev environment earlier and the Gallery layout works just fine even with all options enabled on the page. And I’m not experiencing anything wrong while inside the Page Builder as well. I did notice though that your WP Rocket is outdated. Try bringing it up to the latest version and see if it makes a difference. I’m using 2.6.3 but I think the latest is 2.6.4. :slight_smile:

Ben

I have an update notice, but had to keep rolling back to 2.5.13 (the last point update from last month) because 2.6x kept breaking my responsive grid on mobile.

I may try it again now that the query string issue was discovered. I’ve also been debating switching to nginx+microcaching because the server is very agile on its own… Particularly once php 7 rolls around. The only thing I’d want at that point is something to minify/combine CSS and scripts and autooptimizer is the likely candidate for that.