Pre sales questions

Wondering if someone can explain to me what the differences between the lite (free) plugin vs the standard or pro are - beyond support? Thinking about purchasing but I must be missing something here.

Nevermind, figured out there are a lot more modules with the paid versions. Another question then, with the standard, would i be able to build layouts for posts/cpt’s and assign the layouts as default layouts? like template.php for single posts? or is this not possible?

Hey Vr6000,

Thanks for getting in touch! Yes, you are right about the paid versions having more modules.

Regarding being able to use the Page Builder on Posts and CPT’s, that can be done as well although some custom post types may not be supported. It is disabled by default though so you’ll have to enable it.

The last one won’t be possible I don’t think. You can save your layout as a template then load it on other pages or even import them to another site but you won’t be able to set them as a default layout. I’ll have the other guys check this thread as well as they might have more to add. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hey VR6000,

Ben is correct in his response. The templating system is super efficient though so that should work great for you if you are looking to speed up your workflow!

Best,
Billy

Thanks for the responses. Any plans to incorporate the above in a future release?

We’ve discussed a bit on this, but there currently are no plans of incorporating this at the moment. That could of course change, but this year is pretty stocked with enhancements and additions to BB so it won’t be something we look at in the near future unfortunately. Sorry I don’t have a better answer there for you.

Best,
Billy

Billy, thank you for the quick response. I’ve been digging a bit through the forum to learn more about the plugin.

I’m thinking about using it to design a woocommerce site. My main concern is that I will have to create an individual product page (which looks possible, given other threads/topics), save it as a template, but then every time i create a new product, I’ll have to manually assign that template to the product.

Is my thinking correct on this, or am i off in some way?

Hey VR6000,

What you could do is create a products page with BB, save it as a template, and then apply it wherever you like while just editing the WooCommerce module for each page accordingly (if you need them to pull in specific product groups). The WooCommerce module pulls in whatever WooCommerce products you like based on a variety of options such as category, etc. If you add a product, whatever page you have with a WooCommerce module will automatically pull it in provided it’s in whatever parameters you set for that module if that makes sense.

Best,
Billy

Sorry Billy that didn’t make sense at all. I’m looking at these steps:

1. Create a single product page layout with the plugin.
  2. Save the above template, give it a name.
  3. Add a new product.
  4. Either a.)Assign the above template to this new product, or b.)There is a way to have this new product use the template i created above automatically.

Please clarify step 4 for me. Thank you so much!

Hey VR6000,

If you are using single products with BB, then yes, you would need to add the product in manually on each page instance. If you use multiple products and then perhaps by category, then it would automatically be added.

Best,
Billy

Ahh ok thank you Billy. I read in some other topic that the plugin can’t edit certain woo pages. Can you quickly clarify which pages will not be editable? I think it was any archive page (Shop, Category Page, etc.)

Yes, that is true as Woo has their own HTML that BB can’t override. I’m not sure of the specific pages, but I’ve built out a few eCommerce sites with BB and typically only use the Woo pages for the cart, checkout and account pages. I usually create my own product pages using BB since it’s a bit more flexible. An example would be http://madisonvalleycandle.com/. There are 4 product pages to where I just inserted the WooCommerce module, configured it to use multiple products and selected the category for each. This way, the client can add more products, select a category and it will automatically update on the page for visitors.

Best,
Billy

Ok, so if I’m understanding correctly, you’ve just created a category page for each product category using BB, but if a user clicks a product category from the single product page, the product archive page is still using the woo default, as seen here https://madisonvalleycandle.com/product-category/gift-ideas/

Am i understanding correctly?

Thank you for all this help by the way, fantastic support!

Correct! Glad to help! :slight_smile:

Hello, we have a great article that explains the difference between our Beaver Builder Lite version and the Pro (premium versions). Beaver Builder Free vs. Paid Premium Version: Which Should You Use on Your Site? | Beaver Builder