Problem with Standard Beaver Builder Install on MultiSite

Good evening, I just purchased your Standard Beaver Builder plugin and am trying to install it on a multi-site session, but only enabling it for the main web site. I installed it in the NetWork Plugin section, but did not activate it. I then went to the main web page Plug in section and tried to activate a single session on that web site. But when I do, I get the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
This version of the Page Builder plugin is not compatible with WordPress Multisite. Please upgrade to the Multisite version of this plugin.

I really only want to use it on the one main website. I actually don’t even use the other websites, and they are just remnants left over from a previous project.

Is there a work around without having to pay another $100?

Thanks for your help,
Kevin Muir
[email protected]
www.gfbtrading.com

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch! Short answer, our standard version is not really multisite capable like it says on the error. If you don’t use the other sites in the install, might as well install a fresh copy of WP and work from there?

Anyway, if the above can’t be done for some reason, I’ve already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your inquiry.

Ben

Thanks for the reply. It is unfortunately not that easy as we use Windows Azure and we need to have these internal work blogs with our main external site. Is there no way we can FTP the plugin somehow into the right spot? Is there no work around? Thanks for your help, Kevin Muir

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

I’m also curious if there is a workaround for this. I just activated MulitSite because I may want to use it in the future but do not plan on using it now. I thought I could just activate Beaver Builder on my primary blog but that’s not the case.

Hi Christy, The Beaver Builder guys are nice guys and I understand where they are coming from in regards to their pricing model, but no there is no workaround. If you have a multi-site wordpress installation, it is my understanding you need to buy the $199 version. The $99 version won’t work.

Thanks
Kev

I’m not mad. I was just hoping. Honestly, I wish Wordpress made it possible to separate your main blog/site from the others in the installation. I don’t know if I’ll ever use Multisite but would like to option to do it someday. And I want to use subdirectories, not subdomains, so it’s not something I can install next year - it’s now or never.

I’ll probably just create a completely separate site if I ever decide to use Multisite…