Recommend shortcodes plugin?

Hey Steve,
You know what. Everyone deserves a second chance. I think I’ll revisit Intense shotcodes. I just read up some more on it. Perhaps…those 10000+ files are mainly made up of all the free icons you get.

I think you have changed my mind. And that for me resolves the reason I posted this question in the first place.

Cheers :wink:

Hello All!

I’m one of the developers of Intense and happened to come across this thread while doing some research on the Intense shortcodes button not working properly in BB.

Thank you for all of the positive comments Steve (stevew111)!

Paul, I wish I could say that we have an army of devs working on Intense to keep it maintained. It’s just two of us doing all of the work. Chad and myself handle all the support, maintenance, and enhancements.

You are correct Paul, the majority of files in Intense are the free icons. There are nearly 5000 icons included in the plugin. We have been exploring other ways to package the icons.

The Intense CSS file is stored in an “intense” folder in the uploads folder. When shortcodes are turned on or off, the CSS is rebuilt. This keeps the size of the CSS file down to only what is necessary. We really do our best to make Intense work as efficiently as possible. We are more than open to suggestions if people have ideas on how we can improve the plugin.

We are exploring the issues with the shortcode/snippet buttons not working in BB. It seems it is similar to the issue mentioned with Shortcodes Ultimate.

If anyone has questions, suggestions, or needs help with Intense, we are more than happy to answer.

Thanks!

If you could get that button to work somehow, I’d buy it. Heck, I may just buy it anyway.

Just bought it! :slight_smile:

So here’s an idea for the developers of Intense Shortcodes and also the developers of Beaver Builder. I think there’s a great co-marketing opportunity here that will greatly enhance both of your products.

Intense Shortcodes integrates with Visual Composer. Why not integrate with Beaver Builder. It would take a little bit of work but then you’d have a strong foothold into the Beaver community. Here’s how I see it - you could create modules for some or all of your shortcodes using the Beaver module templates - I think the Beaver team would be happy to support you in doing so. You’d make it so that the user would still have to purchase your plugin to have it work, but (and this is the co-marketing piece), perhaps the Beaver team would consider bundling your modules with Beaver Builder so that their users could instantly have almost a hundred more amazing components to work with for the ridiculously low price of $24. Beaver Builder in turn would be something of great value to Intense Shortcode customers and would also have a whole lot more value with the integration of the additional modules. It would be huge win for both Beaver Builder and Intense Shortcodes.

Something like that would be awesome for sure. Even somehow getting the button to work within BeaverBuilder would be awesome.

Hello!

David, thank you for purchasing Intense.

Chad and I will look further into getting the buttons working correctly. We’ll let everyone here know when we have things working.

Steve, we will have to get more familiar with BeaverBuilder before we can make any promises, but it is an opportunity that we will explore further.

Again, thank you all for the feedback.

No problem! I do have a support question, but I’ll move over to your support forum for that.

Hi there all,

Intense guys - great to hear what you are saying here.
I think like I mentioned before, I’ll give Intense another go.
I was first introduced to Intense via Ultimatum theme. I think this is where I have aquired a bit of a downer because I found Ultimatum really slow (for me), although especially when Visual Composer was heavily involved. While I have a lifelong licence with Ultimatumm, I have stopped using this now swapping for Headway (and eventually when I get chance Genesis).
This is where my hangup on bloat has probably come from.
For me BB & Headway is a nice lite combination packing a serious punch. Add Intense shortcodes in there (now I know a bit more about it) and a lot can be achieved there.

I think you guys have convinced me otherwise. I already have a few licenses for Intense and it’s likely now I will buy some more as and when.

Personally here is my opinion on a BB and Intense link up. Personally I wouldn’t want to see things bundled in so much, after working with Ultimatum (which is a fantastic concept and very powerful, but no longer the tool of choice for me)…I would rather things stay separate but for instace Intense have a odule for BB that can be purchased. I like the idea of keeping things simple, lite and optional.

I might get over this at some point lol!

Cheers
Paul

My comment isn’t directly related to the discussion of shortcode plugins that add additional styles/js to your current theme. However, it is shortcode plugin related.

I use the “Bootstrap 3 Shortcodes” plugin with the Beaver Builder theme.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bootstrap-3-shortcodes/

“Bootstrap Shortcodes for WordPress assumes you’re working with a theme that already includes Bootstrap 3 and focuses on giving you a great set of shortcodes to use it with.”

Of course, that will only work if your theme uses Bootstrap.

This shortcode plugin gives me access to some of the bootstrap components and javascript that aren’t part of the Beaver Builder plugin. Examples: Popover, tooltip, modals, and alert boxes.

Of course, you have to use it in the Wordpress Text Editor as opposed to the BB Page Builder. I just create a dummy page that I leave open in a different browser tab/monitor and copy paste over the resultant shortcodes. I ended up creating a “template elements” Page that I use to house all my frequently used shortcodes and other misc stuff.

Hi,

Any news on making Intense work well with Beaver Builder ? I’d like to buy it.

Greg,

We have done some initial work to start integrating with Beaver Builder. We have made sure to get the Shortcodes button to work correctly. These changes will be included in our next update, which we plan to release very soon (within the next couple of days).

If you do decide to purchase and you need anything from us, please let us know.

Thanks,

Josh

I’m trying to use Shortcodes Ultimate within the Text Editor popup for Beaver Builder. The button is there - for a menu that’s quite important due to the number of options - but clicking it does nothing.

Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/5ddKIZkRU

There is nothing of interest in the js console.

What do I need to do to get these two playing nice ASAP?