Remove Sidebars

I was testing out adding some widgets to the sidebar under widgets. Everything worked just fine. However, when I removed the widgets and left the sidebar empty the sidebar remains but is empty; so it looks like I’ve got some really bad margins/padding on the right side of all my pages. Is there a way to remove the sidebar so it’s not empty?

Hey David,

Which sidebar are you referencing? You can use either the default WordPress sidebar or Beaver Builder row layout sidebar. If using the default WP sidebar, you can disable it in the customizer settings under content. If the Beaver Builder row layout sidebar, you would just remove that column. Let me know if that helps or if we can be of further assistance.

Best,
Billy

Hey Billy,

That worked. As a point of clarification it was hidden under “blog layout” and then choosing “no sidebar.”

Thanks

Perfect, thanks David!

Hi everyone! I’m using the beaver theme and I removed all elements from my sidebar, but as you can see from this page: http://geniushomeowners.com/blog/ , the sidebar is still there, it’s just empty. How can I make my entire site just one column?

Hey Josh,

It looks like you just need to turn off the blog sidebar in the theme customizer options. To do this, go ahead and go to the customizer > content > blog layout > sidebar position and select no sidebar. That should get you fixed right up!

Best,
Billy

That’s exactly what I did. Check out the screenshot.

screenshot

Hey Josh,

That is interesting. I would ask you send to send along temp admin access, but when we are in older threads like this, others have access to private replies. Going forward, make sure to start a new thread in the event you think we may need to login to take a look. Anyway, go ahead and send me temp admin access to email in this case and I’ll take a look. I can be reached via billy[at]fastlinemedia[dot]com.

Best,
Billy

Josh,

I’m not entirely sure how or why, but the row you had the posts module in was causing that issue. I dragged the posts module into a new row and all is how it should be now!

Best,
Billy

Great! Thank you so much! Resolved!