Responsive Menu Fixed during Scrolling?

BB Team,

I’ve seen a lot of discussion talking around this issue but no clear answer. On navigation menu for responsive layout is there a way to make the menu fixed? As an example, as a customer is rolling down a long one page layout how do they get back to the top and/or go to a different section of the page through the menu if it disappears?

Thanks so much in advance for the great plug-in and great service!

Hey Curtis,

If you’re using the BB theme, we don’t show the fixed navigation on mobile/tablet due to the small screen estate. If you want a back to top button, there are plenty of 3rd party plugins out there that offer that.

If you’re referring to the Menu module, it was implemented as a way to add navigation menus inside the content, not replace the theme menu(although it can be used like that as well). You can also use a 3rd party plugin to have it fixed. The most commonly used plugin I noticed in the forums that does that is Sticky Menu.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,
I have used the recommended plugin on the homepage of this site http://prototypes.superhappypath.co.uk/shoreview/
so that the menu module sticks to the top on scroll.

However, has there been any updates to the theme or plugin since this post was published that means I don’t have to install an extra plugin?

Thanks

Hey Laurence,

No changes on that department unfortunately, both on the theme’s menu and the plugin’s Menu module. Sorry about that!

Ben