Retargeting on a Per Page Basis

I need to place a Javascript retargeting code so I can advertise products depending on which page of my site was visited. The tracking / retargeting service would like the code placed at the very bottom of the page, just before the /body tag. Which module can achieve this, or do you suggest, so that I can install a unique Javascript code on a page by page basis?

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out with your question! There are a few ways to achieve this. Are you using the Automator theme? I would probably do this in my theme’s code versus the page builder. You could over ride the theme’s footer.php file in a child theme and then write some logic to spit out the correct JS depending on the page.

If you want to use the page builder though, you can use the HTML widget and put Javascript code in there. It will just be a bit harder to update the code since it will be fragmented across all of the different pages. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I’m using Automator along with its child theme. I’m currently using the text widget and I have my tracking code at the very bottom of each important page and its tracking just fine, but I was hoping that there was a more elegant solution. LOL

Yes, I can insert side-wide code into the child theme, but I’m not a coder, I’m in advertising and found Page Builder an ideal solution for building high converting landing pages. The “write some logic to spit out the correct JS depending on the page” is something I hoped you guys would do. :wink:

There are many tracking services that I use. They either want their global code in the head section, or near the end of the body, but then I need to override on a per page basis. A good example they always use is the cart. I need to insert special code for that particular page, that overrides the global setting, so I can retarget abandoners.

It would be nice to have that capability built into the theme and Page Builder. There could be a global code insertion area in the theme setup for both the head and body. Then an override on a per page / post basis.

Hopefully you guys could add something like that, because then Fastline Page Builder would attract some Jedi advertisers as their landing page solution. And they would tell their friends, who would tell their friends, etc. LOL

(Speaking of which, I’m recommending your theme in my next newsletter as my favorite landing page builder. No other theme even comes close in terms of speed and layout options… now if we could only add the professional tracking options… that would be great.) :wink:

Hopefully you guys could add something like that, because then Fastline Page Builder would attract some Jedi advertisers as their landing page solution. And they would tell their friends, who would tell their friends, etc. LOL

(Speaking of which, I’m recommending your theme in my next newsletter as my favorite landing page builder. No other theme even comes close in terms of speed and layout options…. now if we could only add the professional tracking options… that would be great.) :wink:

First and foremost, thanks a ton for the kind words, taking the time to write this up, and for the newsletter plug! That’s awesome and we really appreciate it! This is great feedback. We’re mostly all designers/developers here, so we don’t have a lot of insight into the marketing world. It’s really important to us to understand how different professionals are using our product.

That said, this almost sounds like a good candidate for a separate plugin. We’ll definitely discuss adding functionality like this into Automator, but I am worried that this would only be used by a very small sub-set of our users. That’s why it might make more sense to put in a dedicated plugin.

For now, it sounds like using either the Text/HTML widget is working for you, so I would continue doing that. If it’s mission critical, we are available for hire and we’d be happy to write said logic for you. Again, thanks for cluing us in to this we’ll definitely keep your suggestions in mind as we move forward.