sidebar for mobile/ tablet

Ben
Is there a way to hide the side bar like the header menu? or even only hide it for only small devices(cellphones)

Currently if I don’t hide the side bar for less then desktop the sidebar will stretch full screen. Many of my clients like the side bar but they are using older computers and the sidebar stretches the full screen even on their desktops. Do you have a work around for that?

I can give you access if need be to look at what I am talking about. Let me know.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch! That is indeed possible via the Theme Customizer. You can set the sidebar to display on desktop only under Blog Layout. Please refer to the screenshot.
http://imgur.com/JUEaXWH

Hope this helps!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Well not quite I already have done that I was more looking for a way to still be able to view the sidebar from mobile but just hide in under a button.

Hey Mike,

Gotcha. We don’t have that feature on our theme. But you can play around with the responsive breakpoints. The default breakpoints are at 992px for medium devices and 768px for small devices. The sidebar starts going 100% on the medium breakpoint so you may want to adjust that, maybe make it similar to the small breakpoint. You’ll have to play around with it until you get what you want.

Another option is to use media queries to make the sidebar behave exactly how you want it to. Regarding hiding the sidebar under a button, you’ll have to custom code the sidebar for that. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Hope this helps!

Ben