Since I've upgraded to WP 4.5 I can't edit Background Image Gallery or add Photo

When I click on the edit or add photo links nothing happens

Hey Paul,

We actually just updated one of our test sites to 4.5 as well and we can’t seem to find any issues with it. I just now tried editing a background image and a gallery to replicate the problem and it’s working just fine. This might still be caused by a conflicting plugin. Let’s have you go through the deactivate plugins route i.e. deactivate all plugins except BB and if BB works, reactivate them one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Jun

Hi Paul,

Following up on this. We have just now found out that there’s actually an issue with the WP update where the media uploader breaks. It has something to do with this CSS code:

table {
    border-style: solid;
    border-collapse: collapse;
}

BB doesn’t have this particular CSS code but if a plugin/theme makes use of it then it will break the media uploader.

Jun

Hi Jun

Thanks for your reply. Nice call. I am using iThemes Noise theme on this site. I checked the themes style.css and yes it had this in the code:

table, td, th {
border: 1px solid #353535;
border-collapse: collapse;
}

I commented it out and all is well.

Thanks for your help.
Tony

Do you know if it’s likely this issue with the WP Update will be addressed by WP in its next revision?

Tony

Hi Tony,

We’re not sure as well. We’re just waiting it out for now. You can check out the discussion about this in here.

Jun