Single post template issue

Hi guys,

Really loving BB and the first-rate support - so thanks again.

I have used the blog template and really love it.
The only thing, when I click on a news link it doesn’t load it back into the template as you can see here: http://roar-dev.burntwoodwebdesign.co.uk/Band/mick-white-lead-vocals/

Any thoughts?

When you click on: http://roar-dev.burntwoodwebdesign.co.uk/Band everything is great.

Also, how do I change the font style of the news header - I’m using Ultimatum and I’ve made the usual change in the CSS editor but it doesn’t seem to be making any difference to what’s displayed in BB.

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

What template are you referring to? The Singe Posts will take whatever template your theme has for it. It seems for your case, it doesn’t have a header. Looking at your homepage, you created most of it using only the Page Builder, that includes the header and content. I would suggest doing the same for your Single Posts.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

Is that okay doing that with the header?
I wanted to use BB to create the header as the tools are excellent for that and thought my theme would pick it up okay?

Regarding the template, I’ve assigned the band and band single templates to that layout but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I’ve also put the call into Ultimatum support as well.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Yep, it should be fine. But you’ll have to place the header there using the Page Builder every time you create a new one. There’s a workaround to have it automated using another plugin. Check the link below for more info.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/use-saved-row-or-template-as-headerfooter/

Also, regarding your CSS, I’m seeing a font-size of 100px for the headers on the band page. Is that supposed to be correct?

Ben

No - that’s what my theme is set to - I was testing it, but it doesn’t seem to be updating also the CSS for the posts should be Nova Square - again I was testing and that’s when I realised it wasn’t updating.

Regarding the header, I created a saved global row for the header and menu and have just loaded that for each page.

Will that cause an issue with page loading times or anything do you think?
I’ll check out that plugin.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Try doing a hard refresh on your browser. Maybe you’re seeing a cached page. If it really doesn’t work, maybe wait for the guys at Ultimatum to get back to you.

Yes, that should be how you do it, applying the global header to each and every page/post that you create.

Ben

Hey Mark,

I think I see the problem now, you aren’t using the builder on your posts. You need to enable it since it’s disabled by default. Head over to Settings > Page Builder > Post Types and check Posts.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

Does that mean I’ve got to manually edit the post layout for each separate post type?

For example, there are four band members and each other doesn’t seem to pick up the layout.

I can’t tell you how much fund I’m having with BB though - and I added CSS Hero to the party yesterday also - a match made in heaven lol!

Hey Mark,

Yes, that’s the only way around it if you remove your theme’s header. Read through the link I gave you above, it’s a workaround to use a global template as your header. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

I’ve installed the plugin, but sort of lost when it comes to using the filter - could you give me some more information please?

Thanks,
Mark

BTW - I tried creating a page and then using the toos in Ultimatum, I’ve added the header page to the header but it doesn’t display correctly at all - if you look at the home page you will see everything set to the left as if it wasn’t going through the loop at all.

Maybe it would be worth having a chat with the guys from Ultimatum to get the two talking to each other freely as I know they’re not happy with the current Visual Composer solution due to the licencing etc…

Thanks again for your help,
Mark

Hey Mark,

You need to get the page ID of your template and replace it there. To get it, simply go to the Templates admin and look for the said template. Once you find it, click on the Edit link, not the Page Builder. This will take you to the native WP editor. Check the URL, there should only be one set of numbers there beside post=, that’s your page ID.

Sorry but I’ve no experience with your theme, no idea how it works. Maybe check the theme docs for guidance.

Ben

Thanks again Ben for your help.

Have you any experience of doing this in the Dynamik theme?

Hey Mark,

No worries! Not familiar with that theme as well. But the filter, plugin, and the steps I wrote above should work regardless of the theme being used.

Ben