Site elements not functioning/displaying correctly in Brave/Chrome/Edge but work fine in FF

I recently took over site admin for a business who had someone else build their site. The site was built with (what looks like?) a white labelled version of BB. I’ve never used it before so…n00b. I use elementor sometimes but mostly avoid visual builders.

I’ve noticed some elements of the site don’t work properly in Brave, Chrome or Edge but seem to display fine on mobile (safari) and Firefox (desktop and mobile).

Menu hover doesn’t work in Brave. Testimonial slider also doesn’t work. Social icons don’t show on the footer, but do on header. I have a feeling there’s a lot more that I’ll find not right with the site as I get more into it…but for starters these issues are annoying me and my client and hurting business.

Relevant:

• I’ve updated to the latest version of the plugins (listed as “(former admin’s agency name)Page Builder” + “(former agency’s name) Page Builder Ultimate”).
  • haven’t installed other plugins beyond what was already on the site when I took over. We migrated to a new server, but these issues were a problem prior to migration.
1 Like

I have this same issue! Same browser issues.

This seems to be related to the Beaver Builder theme not any of the plugins, at least in my case anyways.

1 Like

I was able to fix this problem yesterday! My server defaults to a slightly older version of PHP, but I knew the client’s previous server was using 8.0+, so I manually updated my php to 8.0 and it appears to have fixed all issues. So…maybe look at which version of php you’re using as a start…

1 Like

This site was on 7.4 so I was hopeful but no luck for me…

Thank you for responding though!

Beaver Builder products support all PHP versions right back to PHP 5.3 Your issue was likely caching related but we’ll never know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.