Slideshow and text

I’m just getting started. So I’ve created simple slideshow with two slides. It’s here: www.orangecountydivorceattorney.lawyer

What I want to do is have text slide over each slide as it shows up. So, for example, on the lighthouse, I’d like the text “test 1” to appear then I’d like “test 2” to appear when the knight appears. I think maybe the text should appear with a bar or something behind it, preferably slightly transparent, so that the text isn’t obscured by the underling photo but I’ll be happy however I can get visible text to slide on top of each picture.

Thank you so much. I never thought I’d get this far.

So far, I can create a text slider with test 1 and test 2, but I can superimpose it on the images and I don’t know how to synchronize the text with the images

Hey Bob,

It looks like you are using the slideshow module as opposed to the content slider module. The content slider module will allow you to insert text on each slide. There aren’t animation options within the content slider though, just static text or content on each slide, but that is by design. If you are looking for a really robust animated slider, you’ll need to use a different plugin like Revolution Slider or Layer Slider to get the animations I think you are after. I would suggest giving our content slider a shot first though as it is lightweight, clean and simple.

Best,
Billy

Awesome! Thanks. I love you guys! Your not even impatient with my ignorance (at least you don’t show it, which is fine with me)!

Is there a way to make the text background thinner (less height). I’m talking about the bar the text appears in when you select background for the text.

Hey Bob,

In the individual slide style tab, you can set the width of the text position which the background will follow and at the very end of that tab, you’ll see a text background height option. If you set that to auto, it will adjust to the amount of text that you have in that slide. The only two height options we have currently are 100% and auto.

Best,
Billy

Thanks. Does Revolution Slider work in a Beaver Builder created page?

Yes, via shortcode in an HTML module.

Revolution Slider can be used in the builder theme and with the Builder plugin using the html module? That’s good news for my new project :slight_smile: