Social Icons in Footer

based on an older post, I tried copying this code:
function call_bb_social_icons() {
ob_start();
FLTheme::social_icons();
return ob_get_clean();
}
add_shortcode(‘bb_social_icons’, ‘call_bb_social_icons’);

to my functions.php file, and then use the short code [bb_social_icons] to put the social icons in the footer here: http://brandaroo.wpengine.com (demo/e6e137) but it doesn’t seem to be working?

i’d prefer to put the code in the customized appearance section if that’s possible but that didn’t seem to work either? please advise. thank you.

Hey EngineeringRFQ,

Sorry, but the site seems to be under an htaccess protection. Do you think you can share the password to access it? Perhaps send along temp admin access to the backend so we can check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey EngineeringRFQ,

I never realized the htaccess creds were already on your initial post! Sorry about that. I checked and I can’t see the code inside your functions.php file.

I’d also suggest using a child theme, so it wouldn’t get overwritten when you update the theme. If you haven’t touch the code on the theme, simply download the child theme on your accounts page, install it on your site, then activate it. It should already have a premade functions.php file, you can place the code there. :slight_smile:

Ben