Split: Conflict with catalyst and dynamic framework

Hi not sure where to post this as I don’t know what causing the problem .

But I have 2 sites , build with catalyst and dynamic framework . Both do not allow BB to work at all.

With all plugins deactivated BB works But then one by one I can not find the one that’s crashing / blocking , BB , templets , row, well everything in beaver builder is not working .I have done few hrs on turning plugins on/ off to find no luck . I cleared cache every where . Surely there is a scrip to run to see where the conflict is ?

Thanks Michael …

Hey Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! Do you mind sharing temp admin access to the site so we can check? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Michael,

Are these sites live? Can we change themes, deactivate/reactivate plugins and such?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Michael,

I won’t risk it then if that’s the case. Simply deactivating 1 plugin might cause more problems. I did try creating a test page and I’m getting a JS error once the Page Builder launches. Do you think you could create a copy of the site elsewhere and we could play with it there?

Ben

Hi Ben , on witch site do you get that ? Look I deactivate plugins when Im looking for conflict , that dose not break a site as far as I know . When I deactivate all plugins but BB, then BB works , and then I start turning them back on one by one but cant seem to find the one that’s causing problems. I really not sure what to do with these two site as the themes are old and been threw alot of changes and some of the css is out of date. But I just dont want to mess with rank so stuck .

I am sure that there is prob a conflict with the theme and plugins . I want to change update theme but scared , the one that is on these is a dynamic skin. Jeees not sure really what to doo. Any suggestions ? I think if I start with a updated theme , it might help , but then there is all that left over short code , from back in the day , how to clean all that as well ?? Michael…

Hey Michael,

I was checking the first site. Depending on the plugins you have installed, it may break a site. By that I mean the layout of the site. We really recommend updating themes/plugins to their latest versions for security and compatibility purposes. But if you were able to use BB without the plugins on the same theme, it would mean that the theme plays well with BB. If you give me permission, I can go ahead and deactivate ALL plugins on the first site and play around with it.

Ben

Hi Ben yes gamereservehluhluwe.com is fine to see what plugins are messing around , Im reading up now about what to do , with updating/changing these themes. they both use child themes and then skins in the child. Michael…

Hi Ben Any Lick finding the bad plug ?

Hey Michael,

The issue is caused by the AddThis Sharing Buttons plugin. It has a setting where it adds a custom code to the URL so it can track if the link is being copied/shared. I simply disabled that setting and it works just fine. Check the screenshot below.
http://imgur.com/w2M7OV3

Ben

You Rock Bru …That’s such good news, thank you thanks you Ben …

No worries! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Michael,

Like what I said above, would it be fine if we disable all the plugins on that site so we can check?

Ben

Yes Ben but please do it quick if you can , as was saying gets a lot of traffic , but I did do that myself and BB still did not work but yes please have a look see , what y can . Thanks Ben

Hey Michael,

The problem is caused by the NextGen plugin. I disabled it and BB works fine. Just make sure to clear the cache as well as do a Hard Refresh on your browser after. If you haven’t yet, you can try out our Gallery module. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi ok jees not sure why that did not show up when I disabled the plugs ok will have to switch over to BB Gallery, thanks again Ben …

No worries! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]