Strange Margins on Custom Row as Header

Hey guys, we are experiencing a strange issue that we can’t quite figure out on one of our sites.

We are using a custom row as a header, inserted into header.php with the post query. The post in question seems to have some kind of right margin that is making the width of the entire site too wide.

Screenshot: https://goo.gl/KXktZe

Can you help us figure out what’s happening here?

Thanks

Hi,

David, is it possible for you to provide the code you have used for your row and temp admin access, please?

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

Hi David,

Looks like this is a bug with the Menu module when you have child/grandchild menu items. I have gone ahead and reported this to our tracker.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

Any fixes for this bug?

Needing to launch this site soon…

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Unfortunately, there has been no update to this issue on our tracker. However, our developers are ninja’s when it comes to fixing bugs. So it shouldn’t be too long, but I am unable to give you an ETA. :frowning:

If there is any update to the ticket, I will let know.

Thank,
Danny

Danny,

Still have not heard anything from the developers. We are already behind schedule with launching this site.

I need to know something ASAP.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I did some further testing and the issue is actually caused by your own custom CSS. The CSS in question is this.

#menu-primary-1 li.menu-item ul {
  padding-right: 0px;
  width: 340px;
}

The reason as to why I thought it was a bug initially was that I recreated your issue, but with a menu that had literally 10 level menu items. However, this isn’t actually now related to your issue.

If you remove the width from the CSS above the issue is actually resolved. If you wish to retain the width you have set, you will want to replace the CSS you have currently with:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
  .fl-builder .fl-menu .fl-has-submenu .sub-menu {
    width: 350px;
  }
}

This should work from quick testing on your site via Chrome’s dev tools.

Thanks,
Danny

Hey Danny,

I really appreciate you response. However, I have tried both options above, and I’m still experiencing the issue.

One thing I noticed, when removing the code we had for the width, the margin did get smaller…

But it is still there?

Hey David,

The fix for this has just been committed. Do you think you can share FTP access to the site so we could try patching it up?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi David,

I’ve gone ahead and applied to the patch. As far as I tell this has resolved your issue. However, can you double check, please?

Also, I apologise, that I said your CSS was the cause. It was very strange when debugging, as when I removed the custom width CSS. The overflow was removed, very strange! :smiley:

Thanks,
Danny

Danny,

No problem on the CSS stuff.
The patch has kind of fixed the issue.

But check this out: screencast

When re-sizing the browser the margin comes back.
This is not as big of a deal, but wanted to let you know.

Thanks

Hi David,

Very odd. Is it possible for you to remove all custom CSS you have added to that site so we can rule out that it is related to your custom CSS, please?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny,

I removed all Custom CSS and the issue prevails.

It’s actually happening all the time now, as opposed to only when re-sizing the browser, after taking the site live.

Any help on this is appreciated…

Hi David,

We have fixed another issue which is likely the cause of your problem. Do I have permission to make the changes via the FTP details you provided above?

Thanks,
Danny

Yes, please go ahead and make changes.

Thank you

Hi David,

Can you take another look, please and let me know if the issue is resolved. It does appear to be now! :smiley:

I apologise, I spoke to soon, gimme a few minutes.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi David,

I’m going to re-open the bug ticket for this. As I am getting the same both locally and on our beta site.

I apologise about this and as soon as I have update, I will reply here.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

Ok, thanks for the update. It looks like the patch you’ve applied at least got us back to the version where the issue is gone when you first visit the page (just comes back if you resize the browser).

May I know what the patch is that you’ve applied? We have just launched the site, but we kept the dev site up for troubleshooting. I need to apply this current patch to the live site at diaperfreebaby.org.

Thanks