Subscribe Form Module

Hi Guys,

Loving Beaver Builder and just getting to find my way around. I have setup a ‘Subscribe’ page using the Subscribe Module connecting to my Campaign Monitor account. All works well but I can’t find where the field labels are? I’m using both Name and Email but need to let my users know what to enter. This is probably just newbie blindness but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Nigel,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Are you saying that you can see the field labels on the forms? They should be placeholders, i.e., text inside the form. Do you mind sharing the URL of the site you’re working on so we can take a look?

Ben

Hi Ben,

No, I’m saying I can’t see where to add the field labels or enter the placeholder text for the Subscriber form. Here’s a link to my page: http://453.667.myftpupload.com/subscribe/

Thanks for your help
Nigel

Hey Nigel,

The placeholder is in the markup, it just uses a white color. Probably from your theme. You can use this CSS snippet to change its color.

::-webkit-input-placeholder {
  color: red;
}
:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */
}
::-moz-placeholder {  /* Firefox 19+ */
}
:-ms-input-placeholder {  
}

More info here - https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/style-placeholder-text/

Ben

That did it. Thanks Ben. Awesome response time!

No worries! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

How can we change the Name field placeholder text from “Name” to “First Name”?

Hey Erwin,

We don’t have a BB setting for that. But it can be achieved by adding a function. You can paste the code below to your child theme’s functions.php file and it should allow you to change it.

// Translate the word Name on the Subscribe form module
function my_text_with_context_translations( $translated, $text, $context, $domain ) {
  if ( 'fl-builder' == $domain ) {
    if ( 'Name' == $text && 'First and last name.' == $context ) {
      $translated = 'New word for name';
    }
  }
  return $translated;
}
add_filter( 'gettext_with_context', 'my_text_with_context_translations', 10, 4 );

Ben

Thanks Ben, I’ll just keep this code handy for the next time. I was able to find a workaround using jQuery.

No worries at all, Erwin! Have fun! :slight_smile:

Ben