Text Editor Module - Visual Editor gone

I’ve been happily editing existing page using BB builder and BB theme.

I opened an existing text editor module to edit some text on existing page and fumbled the mouse and clicked multiple times in quick succession…

the visual editor portion of the text editor is no longer available

not available on new pages either

I’ve cleared caches - (BB, site, cloudflare), disabled cloudflare, disabled all plugins except BB, made sure unchecked distraction free editing in profile, I switched to 2020 theme… tried everything I can think of

is there a setting somewhere about visual editor? thanks

Update your plugins before you update majar versions of WordPress. All the major plugin vendors have released updated versions for WP 5.5, including us to fix this issue.

Hello, I am having the same issue with a site I built for a client last year. The problem I’m having is that I cannot update the BB plugins/theme, because I did not updgrade the license because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to stay with BB for all my future builds. I was aware that I had to pay a yearly fee to get updates, after the year had passed, but wasn’t expecting that the BB version I used for the site would somehow "break because of the WP 5.5 update.

So, it’s very difficult to know exactly when WP is going to rollout a major update, and when you are depending on Go-Daddy (Managed Wordpress) for hosting, no one can be sure when they implement that update.

So, in order to get the visual editor back, do I have to buy an upgrade from BB and if so, what is the process of re-installing the plugin without crashing the site?

The reason that I used BB was to make it easy on the company that I handed the site off to, so I could teach them how to run their own site. Without the visual editor it is a mess. And, if this is going to be a problem in the future, is there any way to transfer the BB license etc. over to the client, because I can’t manage paying for BB over and over again. I don’t do that much web creation to incur yearly license fees.

Any help or input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Ultimately you should test WP updates before hitting the update button.

WP 5.5 allows you to just update plugins now via a zipfile.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately managed WP sites on Go Daddy are Automatic WordPress core software and security updates, which means that site owners don’t really have a choice, updates just happen in the middle of the night, and in my case, I am just looking for a solution to getting the BB Visual Editor back and working for the site owner.

I appreciate your response but it doesn’t help.

WP 5.5 didnt suddenly happen Its been in dev for months.

The lite version has the fixes for 5.5 as does our 2.3 and 2.4 branches for the product.

Your choices are pay for or charge your clients for products to get the support and updates you pay for, switch to the free version, or backport the changes yourself using a diff tool.