Text Editor

I am creating a restaurant website and am looking for some help with food item list. I am using the BB Theme and Plugin.

1)Is there an easy way to take text from Adobe Indesign and keep the formatting? When I cut and paste all of my fonts and spacing changes.
2)I am trying to create two columns inside of one text box, is this possible? I have done two text boxes side by side but then when I view on a mobile device it then separates into two separate columns. Which for a restaurant menu this gets very long.
3) If I need to buy an additional plugin can someone recommend a good one.

Thank You!
Rick

Hey Rick,

1. Not really sure about that as I haven't used Adobe Indesign before.
  2. This can be done via custom CSS. Check - http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_multiple_columns.asp
  3. I think using a different plugin for the menu would be the best way around it. Just that I haven't used any plugins like that. Try searching for restaurant menu plugin wordpress on Google, you'll get a few results.

You can also post these same questions over to the FB Group and/or Slack Channel and see if the guys there have some recommendations of their own.

Ben

Ben, Thank You for the reply. I did follow your link to W3schools. In the first example it talks about 3 columns and gives the following code

div {
-webkit-column-count: 3; /* Chrome, Safari, Opera /
-moz-column-count: 3; /
Firefox */
column-count: 3;
}

Where do I input this? I have tried unsuccessfully and am not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thank You
Rick

Hey Rick,

Unfortunately, we don’t really do CSS support here, unless it has something to do with BB directly, and if it’s pretty simple. You might want to dig deeper on that site to know more about CSS, possibly HTML as well. Let me just steer you in the right direction. You’ll first need to assign a div with a class on your content, so we can refer to it on the CSS code you have above. You’ll need to use the Text mode of the text editor, and not the Visual. So for your content, it will look like so…

<div class="menu-col">
  Content of the here
</div>

The CSS code you have above, since you’re using the BB theme, goes to Appearance > Customize > Code > CSS Code. You’ll want to specify it to target the menu-col class we have assigned above. So it will now look like this…

.menu-col {
  -webkit-column-count: 3; /* Chrome, Safari, Opera */
  -moz-column-count: 3; /* Firefox */
  column-count: 3;
}

Edit: Added instructions.

Hope this helps!

Ben