Themer and toolset results in strange behaviour

Working on a portfolio site with all portfolio items managed by toolset. (www.toolset.com)
I want to use Themer to show the individual portfolio items
For that I use some toolset conditionals to display the information for each portfolio item.
The code I have put in a texteditor block looks like this:

Title / titre : [wpv-post-title] Date : [types field='year' style='text' format='d/m/y'][/types] Size / Dimension :[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-formaat) ne '''' )"][types field="formaat"][/types][/wpv-conditional][wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-formaat) ne '''' )" evaluate="false"][types field='largeur' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types] x [types field='hauteur' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-longueur) ne '' )"] x [types field='longueur' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][/wpv-conditional] cm[/wpv-conditional] [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-saatchi-url) eq '' )" evaluate="false"] <a href="[types field=">Aussi à vendre par Saatchi / Also available via Saatchi</a> [/wpv-conditional] [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-available) eq '0' )" evaluate="false"][wpv-conditional if="( '[hnzztolower][types field="techniek"][/types][/hnzztolower]' eq 'digital art print' )"]As this artwork originates in digital format, it can be printed in different sizes and on different materials. <a class="button pvdm-portfolio-item" href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=[wpv-post-url]">Contact us about the possibilities and prices.</a> <em>Comme cette œuvre a été créée en format numérique, elle peut être imprimée en différentes tailles et sur différents matériaux. <a class="button pvdm-portfolio-item" href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=[wpv-post-url]">Contactez-nous sur les possibilités et les prix.</a>[/wpv-conditional]</em> [wpv-conditional if="( '[hnzztolower][types field="techniek"][/types][/hnzztolower]' eq 'digital art print' ) "evaluate="false"] <a class="button pvdm-portfolio-item" href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=[wpv-post-url]">Contact us about this work / Contacter nous à propos de cette oeuvre</a> [/wpv-conditional][/wpv-conditional]

This code seems to work and display. The problem I am facing is that as soon I change something on the Themer layout (for example the header etc) the code stops working.
I tried to paste the code into a HTML block but although that seems to work I am unble to edit the code after this as the HTML editor screen is garbled.

Any help much appreciated.

Hans Pronk