Transparent header/menu with BB

Hey Harold,

I’d just like to chime in here. The reason why the negative margin was used was because the original poster, Gerry, wanted to achieve the same design as this site. As you can see, it uses a Content Slider on the page whose background blends to the header.

If you wanted to make the header and/or nav menu background transparent, you can set them under the Theme Customizer > Header > Header Background and Nav Background respectively. I have to admit, the snippet I provided was created on a whim. I’m gonna edit it so it reflects the options in the theme customizer. Thanks for pointing that out!

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Hope I didn’t start a riot!

Cheers, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

Not at all! I was gonna split the thread but I figured you might want to know about the changes on the code in conjunction with the theme settings. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, I’m interested to hear about the changes so thanks a lot!

Gerry

Thanks for this guys, I’ve just implemented it to my liking, eaaaaasy.

@Gerry: Instead of the page ID, you can use .home to target the home page specifically :wink:

Thanks nomad411,

This post has taken one or two twists and turns, I’d be interested to see what you ended up with both in customiser settings and code css as well as the front end result. Have the new options in customiser made any difference to this?

Thanks, gerry

It’s on a dev site, email me at [email protected] and I’ll share it :wink:

Woah! I didn’t know we could use “no color” in the customizer to make things transparent? Sweet!

Hey Gerard,

Yep, that is already possible with the latest update! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks, I really appreciate you confirming that. I’ll definitely be giving it a try out!

Gerry

Hey Gerry,

No worries! Have fun with The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben, could you explain what the steps would be to create the effect we’ve discussed in this post using the new settings in the customizer?

Thanks, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

Sure. The settings in the Theme Customizer now supports transparent background. When you go to Header > Header Style > Header Background Color, on the color picker, just delete the hex value and leave it blank then click out of it. It will make the background transparent. Same goes for the Nav Menu on a Nav Centered / Nav Bottom layout. All other custom CSS like the position, z-index, and negative margin-top are still needed though. :slight_smile:

Ben

Can you post the final code you used to achieve this? I have a client that’s also looking to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Hey M33,

You should be able to find it in the KB article below. I’ll update this thread with the same. :slight_smile:
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/transparent-headermenu/

Ben

The code posted on the FAQ seems to be incorrect, you should use Gerry’s code as that addresses only the frontpage (what most people would want).

Hey Stijnb,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve modified the KB article a bit to reflect what needs to be done if you want it only on the homepage. :slight_smile:

Ben

The code still seems not to work. It pushes the over the navigation. Any tips?

Ofcourse I can add some padding or margin but then it’s not working on mobile.

Hey Stijnb,

Would you mind sharing the URL of the site in question? Like what the article says, this won’t work on mobile.

Ben