Trouble uploading .zips to WP. Theme scanning failure.

Hey guys,

This is my first time using anything WP. I have some basic CSS / HTML knowledge, but I’m having some trouble uploading the bb-theme.zip to WP. At first I get an error saying I need to add tags to style.css which I do, but then run into:

REQUIRED:.wp-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.wp-caption-text css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.sticky css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.gallery-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.bypostauthor css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.alignright css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.alignleft css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.aligncenter css class is needed in your theme css.
WARNING: Found wrong tag, remove site from your style.css header.
WARNING: Found wrong tag, remove megasite from your style.css header.
WARNING: Found wrong tag, remove meag from your style.css header.
WARNING: Found wrong tag, remove Business from your style.css header.
WARNING: file_put_contents was found in the file class-lessc.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 1835: return file_put_contents($outFname, $out);
WARNING: file_put_contents was found in the file class-fl-customizer.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 629: file_put_contents( $cache_dir[‘path’] . $css_slug . ‘-’ . $new_css_key . '.
WARNING: file_put_contents was found in the file class-fl-customizer-migrate.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 132: file_put_contents( $cache_dir[‘path’] . ‘backup.dat’, $settings );
WARNING: file_get_contents was found in the file class-lessc.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 121: $root = $parser->parse(file_get_contents($realPath));
Line 1830: $out = $this->compile(file_get_contents($fname), $fname);
WARNING: file_get_contents was found in the file class-fl-customizer.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 608: $css .= file_get_contents( FL_THEME_DIR . ‘/less/theme.less’ );
Line 611: $css .= file_get_contents( FL_THEME_DIR . ‘/less/woocommerce.less’ );
Line 615: $css .= file_get_contents( $skin_file );
Line 652: $mixins = file_get_contents( FL_THEME_DIR . ‘/less/mixins.less’ );
WARNING: .ds_store Hidden Files or Folders found.
REQUIRED: The <title> tags can only contain a call to wp_title(). Use the wp_title filter to modify the output
REQUIRED: No content width has been defined. Example:
if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 900;
REQUIRED: Could not find post_class. See: post_class
<div id=“post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?>>
REQUIRED: Could not find comment_form. See: comment_form
<?php comment_form(); ?>
REQUIRED: get_settings() found in the file class-fl-theme.php. Deprecated since version 2.1. Use get_option() instead.
Line 32: * @method get_settings
Line 34: static public function get_settings()
Line 223: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 278: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 341: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 379: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 459: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 513: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 647: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 690: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 866: $settings = self::get_settings();
Line 926: $settings = self::get_settings();
RECOMMENDED: could not find the file readme.txt in the theme. Please see Theme_Documentation for more information.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “title-tag” ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality for WordPress 4.1 and above.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-header”, $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( “custom-background”, $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.
INFO: class-fl-admin.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
Line 24: include_once( ABSPATH . ‘wp-admin/includes/plugin.php’ );

I was watching a tutorial of how to upload the bb .zips to WP, and for the uploader everything went fine (as expected), but I don’t know why I’m running into these issues. Thought everything would be good to go ‘out of the box’.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Derek,

Sorry to hear about the issues. You shouldn’t have to add anything to the style.css file. Do you have any other plugins installed? That could be coming from one of those. Let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
Justin

Hey Justin,

Starting fresh, so there are no other plug ins installed.
As far as adding tags to the style, it won’t upload without adding them. But then after doing so I fail the theme scan.

Thanks

Here is the initial prompt I get if I add the bb-theme.zip without making any changes:

Add Your Theme to the Directory

The stylesheet has no tags. Add a Tags: line to your style.css file and upload the zip file again.
Select your zipped theme file

Maximum allowed file size: 7MB

Wow, that’s really weird. I’ve never seen that before. Can you provide temporary login info in a private reply to test?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Derek. Can you shoot me a url as well? :slight_smile:

[Content Hidden]

Haha indeed! The issue appears to be that you are trying to upload a theme to WordPress.com. Premium themes like Beaver Builder can only be uploaded to self-hosted WordPress installs. If you’re looking to build a custom site you may consider purchasing a managed WordPress hosting account and building it there instead. Let me know if you have any questions.

Justin

Justin,

Thanks. I’ll get a hosting account tomorrow, and try again. I’ll let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks