Trouble with 1.6.3.3

Hey Steve,

A dev server would really help us track the issue down. In the meantime, we just released a minor update 1.6.3.4 that fixes a bug causing an infinite loop. Error 503 means that the web site’s server is not available, usually due to maintenance or server overloading. It’s quite possible your case is the latter caused by the infinite loop. I’d suggest taking a backup of your site, update to the latest version, and see if you get the same problem.

Dave,

Glad you figured it out! We recently just updated our Known Incompatibilities article that reflects that plugin. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Elissa,

It looks like the culprit is Jetpack’s VideoPress module, but I’m not sure why that would be. It appears to be blocking all of BB’s frontend editor scripts from loading when enabled.

Would it be possible to get temporary FTP access to do some testing?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks! Checking this out now.

Hey Elissa,

The FTP info works, but it’s saying the path doesn’t exist when I put it in. With no path I’m hitting an empty folder. Can you look into that?

Thanks!
Justin

Hey Elissa,

Don’t worry about the FTP info, after a bit more digging I was able to pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately, Jetpack’s VidePress module has an issue that is breaking the media uploader on the front-end, which in turn is breaking the builder.

I’m going to submit a support request to see if they are willing to look into this for us. I’ll post back here with a link to that.

Justin

Hey Elissa,

Here is a link to the support thread…

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/videopress-module-breaks-front-end-use-of-the-media-uploader?replies=1#post-7538859

It looks like the Jetpack team is unavailable until Oct. 21st, so in the meantime, you’ll either need to disable VideoPress or edit BB pages using another account on your site that doesn’t have it enabled. My apologies for the hassle!

Justin