Trying to build Popups but no "Modal Box" in Module list, has this changed?

Hi all,

I’m new to creating popups for Beaver Builder and so found this tutorial on the Beaver Builder website: https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/beaver-builder-popups/ from October last year.

I’m following the first method that uses Popup Maker but I’ve got to the point where the tutorial says to create a new ‘Saved Module’ and choose ‘Modal Box’ as the Module type, but when I look in that drop-down list I don’t have ‘Modal Box’.

Has ‘Modal Box’ been removed? If so, what module type should I be using to build a popup with Popup Maker?

I need something that is essentially a content area to be able to add rows/columns, images, forms etc. But I can’t find anything in the list like that (other than HTML but that sort of defeats the point). Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Modal box is actually a Powerpack module.

Ah okay, the tutorial says there are 2 methods, the second one talks about Powerpack but the first doesn’t mention it so I thought it would be a standard Beaver module.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Itm might be worth updating the tutorial I linked to make it clear for other readers who are newbies like me!

Already there :wink: The post will be updated at some point to clarify. Thanks for pointing it out!

No problem and thanks for the quick replies!

Is there an official way to doing popups without Powerpack?

I have managed to get it working with Popup Maker and using a Beaver Themer template but it’s a bit janky, Popup Maker CSS takes priority sometimes and the template’s CSS takes priority other times. So when I open the template in Beaver Builder it looks great but actually on the page some things look wrong (because Popup Maker’s CSS markup is taking priority). I’ve only managed to get it working by adding custom CSS in Beaver with “!important” to make sure what I want gets applied.

It’s a solution but not a very elegant one!

Any advice would be great, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.