Unable to update Beaver Builder theme

Hi Guys,

I receive this error message when I try to update the theme on two separate sites:

An error occurred while updating Beaver Builder Theme: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Our server has excess storage, so I don’t think that’s the issue. What might be causing this and what do you suggest we do?

Thanks!
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Sorry to hear about this issue. As you might have already known, this is usually caused by a maxed out webserver space. Could you please recheck that? Also, could you try installing any other plugin and see if you get the same issue? That way we can rule out the webserver space as the cause. If you’re still having the same problem, you can install the theme manually. I just tried updating my local dev site’s theme to the latest version and it did just fine.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

We checked with our web host, SiteGround, and confirmed that it isn’t a maxed out space issue. We currently have about 5 Gigabytes of space left before that becomes a problem.

BTW - We are also receiving the same error message when we try to install the BB plugin. However, when we install other plugins, they install without a problem.

We have two sites with BB on the same shared server and both are getting the same error messages when we try to update.

I tried a manual install of the theme via FTP on one of the sites and, when it was done uploading, the WordPress admin said I still needed to update the theme to its latest version. However, when I tried to update, I received the same error message. Perhaps I need to delete the current theme instead of overwriting it?

I suppose it’s still possible this is a server-related issue, but I wanted to see if you have any suggestions for us to try out.

Thanks!
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

We might need to check further into this. Would it be possible for you to provide the site URL as well as grant us temporary admin access to both the site and FTP?

Ben

Hi Ben,

We were able to update the theme and plugin manually via our cPanel’s File Manager. For some reason, my FTP software (WinSCP) wouldn’t overwrite the old theme files. Maybe it’s a settings issue I’ll need to look into.

I’m not sure why we were having these updating problems. We were using an evaluation copy of the theme and plugin, so maybe there is something different about these files that prevent updates?

At any rate, we’re good to go for now. However, if we have problems updating again, we’ll definitely give you full access to our site so you can check it out.

Hey Andrew,

I have worked on a site where a Lite and Standard Version of the plugin were present and I had no problems updating the latter. Anyway, glad you figured it out for now and yes, do let us know if you need anything further :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Andrew,

Sorry I don’t know how I missed this. Can you send FTP details as well? Looks like we need to dig deeper into this.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Andrew,

This issue has been fixed on our end. You should be able to update both sites now. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the fix! I’m confirming that we’re now able to update the BB theme and plugin on all of our sites.

Thanks!
Andrew