Update to Genesis means shortcodes no longer showing

Hi, after updating Genesis today shortcodes that have been placed in a BB text box are no longer showing on my site. They show fine on a non wpbb page. Anyone else come across this today?

Hey Nicola,

Could you try placing the shortcodes in an HTML module and see if that works? I’ll go ahead and ask our Genesis guru for the same. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben

No it didn’t but I just tried it again on a non bb page and it doesn’t work on there now either. I suspect it may be the shortcode plugin so will try them too. Will still be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem though!

Hey Nicola,

That would certainly help narrow it down. You might want to try out the FB page and see if anybody there is having this same problem?

Ben

Hi Nicola,

I have a number of Genesis sites with different versions. I can try to emulate your problem if you let me know which shortcode plugin you’re using.

Colin

Thanks so much Colin! It is the Ultimate Member plugin and it is the shortcodes for the login and registration pages. I have also posted in their forum. I am using the most up to date versions of both plugins and Genesis and Dynamik Gen child theme. I can see the the forms are there when I hover over them as I can see the links pop up but just can’t see the actual forms

Hi Nicola,

I just tested the Ultimate Member shortcodes in Beaver Builder’s Text and HTML modules, on both, Genesis 2.2.0 and Genesis 2.2.2 without any problems. That essentially eliminates those three.

Can you try the following:

1. Purge or temporarily disable any caching addons / plugins i.e. W3 Cache or Super Cache
  2. Clear the Beaver Builder cache - Dashboard - Settings - Page Builder - Cache - Clear Cache
  3. Disable any CSS Minify plugins if you have any.
  4. Disable all your plugins, then enable them one at a time.

If none of those work, please provide your url and a temporary admin login using the “Set as private reply” option below.

Thanks,

Colin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Colin, they are all back now! Thank you! :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome Nicola:)

Hi Colin,

I was just wondering if you could share what you did on my site to make the shortcodes reappear as after updating Ultimate Member and Beaver Builder today the login forms are no longer showing again. I have cleared the BB cache already. It appears to happen when there is an update. Thanks so much!

Hey Nicola,

If I remember correctly, Colin simply cleared all caching he found on your site. Do you have any other caching plugins installed or caching on your server? Maybe clear those as well. Sorry, I tried logging in to your site but I’m getting a 404 error. :frowning:

Ben

Hi Nicola,

As Ben mentioned, it was a caching problem. When I cleared your cache and reloaded your site, everything returned to normal. I can’t remember if you’re using a CDN or not - If you are, can you clear that also?

I just checked your home page and the login form appears correctly. Is that one of the Ultimate Member forms?

Colin

Hi both, thanks so much for coming back to me on this - I did resolve it by clearing the cache server side so thank you very much for clarifying that is the way to resolve it! Awesome support as always.

Awesome!

Thanks for letting us know, Nicola:-)