Using a specific page template per post category

Hi.

For now i see only that i can manually choose a page template when i am creating a post with pagebuilder.

I would like to know if it is possible to assign a particular page template for a particular post category or custom post type, so that once i create a new post, it gets the needed page template automatically assigned?

I was not able to find any option for this in plugin documentation(knowledge base), nor in the forum.

Regards,
Shooga

Hey Shooga,

Unfortunately, that’s not possible at this time. We are working on getting something similar implemented though, being able to design the page/post templates using BB but we still don’t have a concrete timeline as to when it’s going to be released, nor do we have more information about how it’s going to work UI wise.

For now, the only way around it is to manually write the code for your template. Check the link below for more info.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Type_Templates

I’ve heard of theme builders before and it may be something that does what you need but I haven’t played with one so I can’t recommend any.

Hope this helps and let us know if we can assist you further! :slight_smile:

Ben

Thank you for your answer.

I think there must be some small misunderstanding, probably due to the way i had expressed myself.

What i was thinking of is if i create a blog post it would automatically pick the premade “content template”, the ones that you have now in your plugin, that i can custom create and save myself too. If a new blog post is being created it could pick the “content template”, that i would have created for blog conent earlier.
So the benefit would be more streamlined content production, without the chance of picking the wrong premade “content template”.

As i understand it is not possible now, right?

Hey Shooga,

That’s correct, it isn’t possible with our product yet, but we’re working on something similar. :slight_smile:

Ben