Using BB with PopupAlly Pro

Hi I am trying to embed a sign up form created using PopupAlly Pro onto a BB page using a shortcode in a text widget and the sign up form doesn’t appear. I have also tried adding it as a widget and it still doesn’t appear. Have you had any other conflicts with shortcodes and is there a work around? Thanks!

Hi Nicola,

Sorry to hear about the issues. This sounds like a plugin conflict with PopupAlly Pro. Have you tried using other shortcodes generated by a different plugin with PopupAlly Pro disabled to see if BB works as it should? Let me know if so as that will help us pinpoint the issue here. I’ll most likely need temp admin access to take a look at some point as well.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nicola,

Have you tried the shortcode in an HTML module by chance and when you insert via a widget, is it a BB widget?

Best,
Billy

I have tried as an html module and it just disappears, I have also tried as the sidebar widget option and the WordPress widget option. I have obviously also tried a text widget in both visual and text mode.

Sorry for so many questions, Nicola! Are the issuse only happening on a BB page or on a standard WP page as well?

Best,
Billy

Oh good point! No it doesn’t work on a standard WP page either. It does on a previous site I built using Visual Composer with the embed option though. And it works when I add one via the ‘bottom of the page’ automatic setting in PopupAlly settings. Sorry to cause such a head-scratcher!

Aha, ok. What I am trying to figure out is if this is a BB issue or an issue directly with PopupAlly as then we would direct you to the plugin developer. It is starting to sound like that might be the best course of action at this point, but let me have you try one more thing if you don’t mind. Would you mind deactivating BB and then trying PopupAlly on a standard WP page? If it still doesn’t work, then you’ll most likely need to contact their developer directly to see if there is a fix they can apply or release.

Best,
Billy

Will do - just want to triple check that everything will return as it should when I reactivate BB? Have been nervous about doing that to date in case it doesn’t?!

Yep, all of your page content will go into the WordPress editor temporarily until you reactivate the plugin in which case, it will all go right back into your BB layouts.

Best,
Billy

I was wondering if this ever got resolved? I’m considering buying PopupAlly Pro and need to set up a 2-step optin process using buttons… ideally BB Buttons, CTAs, etc. rather than (worst case) HTML. Sadly, I can find no pre-sale info on how PopupAlly Pro is implemented via buttons in general.

Hi Teresa,

We left this one with having to be resolved with the plugin developer as Nicola also couldn’t get it working in a standard WP page.

Nicola - did you by chance ever hear back from the plugin developer?

Best,
Billy

I’m reporting back after buying PopupAlly Pro and putting it through its paces. So far, everything seems to work with the combo of Genesis and Beaver Builder. :slight_smile:

I’ve successfully tested BB buttons (using css classes), widgets and embedding (including arbitrary placement via shortcodes, plus specifics they provide that page bottom and post bottom).

So far, PopupAlly gets my vote for great functionality, device compatibility and one-time purchase value after having tested other options the same price or less. I’ve not tested OptinMonster, LeadPages and other higher priced subscriptions options but feel comfortable using and recommending PopupAlly Pro with Genesis and BB at this time.

Fantastic news, Teresa, thanks for getting back! Sounds like they fixed whatever was causing the issues so you should be good to go!

Best,
Billy