Ver. 1.4.9 Broken?

Update 1.4.9 not working.

I just updated BB plugin to the latest version and I think it might be broken. I’ve not done anything else to the blog, don’t have any confirmed conflicts with other plugins. Basically, what’s happening is that I cal open the page builder, but nothing works. The columns, rows, text boxes, etc. don’t highlight. When I click on the drop down menus on the side, nothing happens. It looks like it should be working, but it isn’t.

Hey David,

Sorry to hear! Would you mind sharing temp admin access so I can take a look?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

Thanks! I just checked the first page in your site and I was able to pull up BB just fine and access settings, etc. Is there a specific page giving you trouble that I can take a look at?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

Thanks! Luckily, we have a fix that we’ll be releasing for this issue and a related one that just came up. We can apply this fix for you now if you like, just need FTP access if you can send along. Thanks David!

Best,
Billy

Hey David,

We just released an update with the fix. My apologies for the hassle!

Thanks,
Justin

Everything seems to be back to normal for now. Is there any way to sandbox future releases to verify that everything is working before an auto-upgrade?

Hey David,

I’m glad to hear the update helped.

We do test on quite a few sites before releasing an update, but with so many different WordPress setups to deal with, it’s hard for us to catch these things sometimes. That’s why we make sure we’re available when we do push an update so we can fix any issues quickly :slight_smile:

The only way to truly make sure a plugin update doesn’t break a site is to do all of your updating on a staging server first. That’s what we do with Beaver Builder and doing so really saved our butts with WooCommmerce’s recent big update.

Justin