Video Autoplay starts muted

Was excited to make my first non-YouTube video on my website. I used the video module and set it to autoplay and loop. When I do that, the video starts muted. I do not want that. I’d like sound to play from the start with the option to mute. How do I set that?

It started on mobile devices a few years ago, and now all browsers respect it, autoplay for videos is always muted.

This seems foolish to me. I understand the annoyance of videos when you don’t want them but this shouldn’t be functionally forced on people. To me, this should be toggled on and off on by the user not forced by the browser. Have a simple mute button. Sites should have a right to play videos with sound if they want to and the viewer had the right to disallow sounds playing on their browser (turn it off always or on always or on for some sites).

Additionally, this must not be 100% shut down. There are sites I visit that video sound plays automatically. How are they getting around it when all browsers respect it now?

As far as I am aware and what I’ve read, it’s not possible to bypass this behaviour. However, you may want to ask this question on Stack Overflow, someone on there may be able to help.

Thanks Danny. I will do that…