Video row background issue in full-size

Dear BB support,
after upgrading BB theme and plugin to the last version we encountered an issue in the background video that seems not to be resized to full size.
See: http://www.sitimedici.eu (homepage)

We tried to:

• rebuild row
  • empty cache (WP) and BB cache
  • resave theme settings
  • forcing through css to be full-size

No luck!
Something to suggest to us?
Thanks!

Hey Riccardo,

Are you referring to how the video is a little bit cut off on the bottom part? That would be caused by how the plugin resizes the video to maintain its aspect ratio. If it doesn’t, the video would look stretched. I would suggest giving the row a bit more top and bottom padding to give more space for the background.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,
really it is something different. I understand you explanation but this issue arise with the last BB version. PLease take a look at another website (cloned from the first one) http://sitipsicologi.it/.
The row setting are identical but after the update the video only show its real pixel size without covering all the row.

Hey Riccardo,

Sorry, you lost me there. Are you saying that from your end, the video is not covering the full width of the row? This is what I’m seeing from my end, Windows 7 latest Chrome and FF.
http://imgur.com/aIuA612

Ben

one more thing: if I log in into the visual editor I see the video full row

[Content Hidden]

video row not full screen

Hi Ben in this image you can see on the left how I see the website sitimedici.eu not logged in (the video is small). On the right same site, same time, but logged in. The correct versione is the one on the right. But once you save it, the public frontend stays the same.

Thanks in advance

[Content Hidden]

Hey Riccardo,

Try clearing the BB cache and if you have any caching plugin installed clear it as well. You could also try doing a hard refresh on your browser. Also, what browser are you using when seeing this and on what platform?

Ben

Thanks Ben for the quick reply,
unfortunately we already tried to clear Browser cache, BB cache, WP cache (W3TC), memchache and varnish restarting and clearing. No luck.

Hey Riccardo,

I tried again on a Windows 8.1 machine on both FF and Chrome and I am seeing the full screen video background as well. Do you mind sharing the browser you are using and on what platform?

Ben

This happens with Chrome both on win 7 and IOS last release.

Dear Ben, If you could use Chrome I think you should be able to replicate the issue. Using Chrome in incongnito mode insted makes the right visualization.

Hey Riccardo,

I am a Chrome user :slight_smile: I also tried the site on FF, Opera, Safari and IE. And on all instances, the video is full width(on some browsers the video wasn’t supported so the fallback image shows but still in full width). I also tried incognito in Chrome and private window in FF and it’s still full width from my end.

Ben

Hi Riccardo,

I just checked on my Mac and am seeing the video full width as it should be in the row. I think at the moment, we should chalk this up to a deep caching issue. You can try doing a DNS cache flush (link for Mac) to see if that helps. Sometimes things like this get cached at the system level.

Best,
Billy

Bylly, Ben great support! after dns flush everything works like it should be. I did not imagine this could be involved. Good to know for our customers support too.

Many thanks, cheers

Hey Riccardo,

No worries! Glad we figured it out! Have fun with The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,
it took some weeks to figure it out but I think we finally got it.
This plugin we used for cookies notify broke javascript based BB modules.

When we updated Cookie Notice plugin to 1.2.31 the bug disappeared.

So far it seems that caching issue were not involved into this. Maybe this can help other European Beavers that need to choose a cookie notify plugin.