WeStand Theme

Currently having creating page layouts in the following theme…
http://chimpgroup.com/wp-demo/westand/westand-politics/

When attempting to drag and drop elements to the page there is no where for the elements to go. It looks like there is not body area, just header and footer.

There is another page template system included with theme, but I was hoping to use this at the same time on certain pages.

Hey JoeLyons,

Are you trying to say that the theme already has another page builder bundled? Chances are, it’s adding its own filter to the the_content filter that’s overriding ours. Do you mind sharing temp admin access to your site so we can take a look?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey JoeLyons,

Is this a live site? Can I deactivate any plugin and/or change themes to check?

Edit: Would it also be possible to ask for FTP access?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Joe,

I’ve spoken to one of our developers who took a look at the theme and they informed me that the issue is that the_content isn’t in the WP loop. If you do not plan to use that themes page builder, then you could override page.php via a child theme and include the loop.

This should allows you to use Beaver Builder with that theme.

Thanks,
Danny

Ok thanks for the feedback Danny. Could you please provide sample code? I am trying on my end, but still running into issues.

Thanks
JL

Hi Joe,

I have assigned your topic to one of our developers, who will take a look as soon as they can.

Thanks,
Danny

Hey Joe,

It looks like the bb-page.php template you setup is correct. If you choose that the builder should work. As an example, I also added a modified page.php to your child theme that should work without having to select a template. Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Justin

Awesome thanks for your help Justin. Glad I am able to use beaver builder in this situation as it truly rocks in the page builder space.

You’re welcome, Joe! I’m glad that helped!

Justin