White Screen of Death when accessing Page Builder from back end

Hey guys, I’m having an odd issue with this site (goes to a specific page). For some reason, my client keeps trying to get to the Page Builder from the back end instead of viewing the page and clicking Page Builder in the Admin menu. So when he views the editor and clicks the Launch Page Builder button, he’s getting a WSOD. I’ve tried it to, in Chrome, FF, and Safari and I have the same result. Dumping server and browser caches didn’t help. I pushed the site to staging (it’s hosted on WP Engine), so I have an exact clone of the live site, logged in, and tried it there. It works! So I can’t even do the plugins on-off dance to figure out if there’s a conflict. The only error WP_DEBUG showed up was an issue with Relevanssi, but shutting it off didn’t help. Any theories? I can give you admin access to both production and staging sites if you like.

Here’s what this looks like.

Additional problem: while I can get to the editor from the front end, saving and publishing is problematic. When I do that, I just get the progress bar cycling over and over. If I stop waiting for it I can just force a refresh, click Done and Discard Changes, and find that the changes were actually saved during the first attempt.

Hi Dave,

Is it possible for you to provide temp admin access, so we can take a closer look, please?

Also, do we have permission to disable plugins if required?

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

Hey Dave,

I can’t seem to recreate the issue on your site. I tried hitting the page builder link on the top admin bar on the page’s frontend, I tried going to the native WP editr and hit the Launch Page Builder button there, and lastly, I tried editing the Tabs module on the page, simply removed a dot, saved it, published the page, and I can see the change reflected. Went back in, placed back the dot, published the page, and the change is reflected. Is there something special I need to do to recreate the issue?

Ben

It’s working for me now too. Who knows what the problem was? Thanks for trying it out.

Hi Dave,

Did anything change on your site before Ben tried recreating the issue? For example, did you disable or update any plugins?

Thanks,
Danny

No, that’s the odd thing. The first step I took when I was troubleshooting was to update a few plugins (including BB). I dumped the server and browser cache after that, though it’s possible WP Engine’s Varnish layer was holding on to older code from one of the plugins.