Windows 10 Chrome Parallax Bug?

Hey Luis,

Thanks! This definitely gives the guys a hint as to where to look making it easier for them to fix this, if necessary. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hey Luis,

Is your Dell by chance touch enabled? If so, that’s probably the issue as we check for that since parallax images typically don’t work well on touch devices, especially smaller phones. Let me know.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Yes it is touch enabled. Funny thing is that my friend that knows nothing about making a website said that was probably the case.

Anyhow, I understand why it wouldn’t work on ipads or other smartphones, but this is still a laptop.

The majority of the parallax sites I’ve tested work well also.

And on the same laptop, parallax works well with MIcrosoft Edge browser.

I’ve implemented a css fix for now. It was just bugging me because Chrome is my browser of choice and where I do BB Site editing.

Thanks, Luis. I just wanted to be sure. All of this new tech is always keeping us on our toes!

I also agree that it should work on laptops, but getting it working isn’t a quick fix since we’ll need to implement new logic to possibly do some device sniffing instead of just checking for touch. I’ve made a note to look into this for a future update but don’t have an ETA on that.

Justin

Hi Luis,

We’ve got parallax working on touch laptops and will have that available in the next release. While it works on touch laptops, it still doesn’t work on mobile devices (specifically iOS) due to the way they handle the background size and the fact that no events fire as you scroll.

Keep an eye out for that release!

Justin

This is awesome!

Thanks for the update Justin!

I’ve been wondering why the parallax isn’t working on touch devices. Is the goal to eventually have parallax working on all touch devices… including phones? Is there a current workaround?

Thanks.

Hi Samuel,

Is the goal to eventually have parallax working on all touch devices… including phones?

Unfortunately, no. Parallax doesn’t work on mobile, especially iOS since it doesn’t fire any events while you are scrolling. It also doesn’t handle the background-cover property well and stretches the image to fill the entire page instead of the viewport.

Justin