Word Count In Beaver Builder Plugin

Hello,

I hope my question is simple and can be answered. I just purchased the plugin a couple days ago and am in the process of copying and pasting a previous article into the plugin and trying to figure out how to use it.

1. My question is, is there a way I can see the word count of the article while I am in the plugin? I’ve looked over the entire page inside the plugin, even tried publishing it with no avail.

2. If there isn’t a way to see my article word count can you suggest a plugin that is compatible with the BB plugin (paid or free?)It doesn’t matter.

3. Is there a way to perform drop caps in the plugin? If not can you please suggest a plugin that is compatible with the plugin (paid or free is ok?)

4. Is there a “back to top arrow” in the plugin. I write really long articles (3-9 thousand words sometimes) Is there a “back to top arrow” in the plugin once the article is published so the reader/visitor can quickly return to the top of the blog page? If not can you suggest a plugin that is compatible with the BB plugin (paid or free is fine?)

5. Pull quotes- I think I saw a way in the training to do pull quotes. Is this possible in the plugin? If not is there a plugin you can suggest?

6. Word Count Tool- this is different from my previous question, as this tool is used to give a reader a particular time and word count of an estimate of how much time it will take to read an article. The link below shows an example: It is after the Title: Subtitle: then it says by Rafael Martin: 3 responses: 12 min read
    http://themeforest.net/item/literatum-just-write/full_screen_preview/8523411

If not do you know of a plugin that will work with BB?

Thank you for your time,

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Welcome to BB forums! :slight_smile: Just letting you know that we are looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

KC

Hey Jerry,

1. Sorry to say but there's no such feature. What about if you use a Word Processor instead? You can copy content from it then paste it into the BB builder.
  2. I tried the plugin Word Stats but it doesn't work inside the BB builder as we've disabled 3rd party enhancements in the Text Editor module. It works on the native WP editor though.
  3. Try the plugin Simple Drop Cap
  4. There are a lot of plugins offering this functionality that you can search. One of them is the Scroll Back to Top plugin.
  5. Again, the plugin Simple Pull Quote works fine in the native WP editor but not on the the BB builder because of the same reason above.
  6. Not really sure of any plugin that works that way. Try the WP community is pretty big, try searching online. I did, just couldn't get the right keywords.

The reason why I’m including plugins above that works in the native WP editor is since you’re writing long articles, I’m assuming you’ll be using the native WP editor and not the BB builder.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hello Ben,

And thank you very much for your help. This really works.

I assumed the native WP editor and the BB builder were the same, since when I input a text module the native editor pops up to input the text.

But, I was wanting plugins that do work with BB builder. Because for the fact I hate switching back and forth.

I was hoping to get plugins that work with the Beaver builder plugin. This is why I was asking in my questions if there were plugins that are compatible with the BB plugin.

But I do understand why I have to do certain plugins because of the disabling of third party.

Again, thank you for your time,

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

No worries at all! The Native WP Editor and BB Text Editor module are in fact, the same, just that we don’t allow 3rd party enhancements to our module because of how it causes too many conflicts. Let us know if you need anything further! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hello Ben,

I know it has been a bit. But I took your advice and installed the plugins Simple pull quote and simple drop cap.

The problem is neither of them are showing up in the Beaver Builder text editor.
When I look in the wordpress text editor the simple pull quote shows up.

So, basically the two plugins are unavailable when I try and create text content in the BB plugin.

Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

You can write your article on the WP native editor and once you’re done, copy the content, and paste it into a Text Editor module. That should work! :slight_smile:

Ben

Thank you. I will try and let you know how it works out. I think since I’ve already started editing the article in BB it tells me that if I choose the text editor it will alter the BB input.

Thanks
Jerry

Hey Jerry,

You don’t have to do it on the page you want the article to appear to. You can create a new page just for that, use the WP native editor to do your content, then copy and paste it to the BB page you want it to appear to. :slight_smile:

Ben