Our IT guy is telling me that WP-Rocket isn’t caching Page Builder content, although it IS caching other content on the site. Do you have any insight into that? Is that expected behavior?
Can you provide some additional information on how he has identified this, please?
Also, what settings are you using?
He was monitoring our DB at the time. We’re caching the site, but instead of delivering cached files, page with BB are apparently still querying the database quite heavily.
WP-Rocket Checked Settings
Enable caching for pages with SSL protocol
Clear Cache Lifespan: 7 day(s)
There is no CDN for this site.
Can you upload the screenshot again, please. As it isn’t loading for me and I can then show this the team.
I hate to pass you off, but I think this might be a better question for WP-Rocket. They could probably provide an answer quicker than I could. I’m happy to discuss with them if needed.
For reference, we’re only tapping into WordPress’
the_content filter to render markup for builder pages. My assumption has always been that caching plugins cache that markup and don’t allow us to hit the database or even get to that filter when the cached page is served. If I’m wrong there I’d be happy to look into it. Let me know what they say.
Also, what are you using to generate that report? 204 queries seems really high, so I’d like to look into that.
I’m using the Query Monitor plugin. I though that was a rather high number of queries too. Nothing else in the site comes close.
FLBuilder::render_query method operate outside of
the_content? I’m using that for our footer.
I’ll reach to WP-Rocket as well. Thanks for your time
Thanks for the follow up.
FLBuilder::render_query should be getting cached as well, but I’ll do some testing on that. It works outside of the main query, but it still uses
Thanks for the additional info. I did some testing with query monitor on a few sites and got varied results. The highest I saw was ~60 with most tests being around ~8 - ~15. I think it might have something to do with the content, although I’m not 100% sure. Have you tried it without the render_query call to see if that makes a difference?
The culprits are global saved rows. Here’s a brief PDF (Images) that summarizes the test. I stripped our site down to basics, but didn’t test in a new vanilla environment (time is short). Still, I think you will find the results here very interesting. Query Test Results
Thanks for your help on this so far! Getting a baseline of what a typical query range is was super useful, and told me that I should focus on Beaver Builder.
Thanks for the info! That is super help. I think at some point I need to do an audit of what we’re querying and look into optimizing that if possible. In the meantime, I found what was causing the excessive queries and fixed it. The fix brought my test page with global rows down from 66 queries to 13. That will be available in the next maintenance update.